Peter Minnikin > McCormicks > Harrogate, England > Lawyer Profile
35-37 EAST PARADE
- Go to...
General Crime, Corporate Crime and Fraud and Regulatory
Peter is Head of the Crime, Corporate Crime and Risk Department at McCormicks.
Peter is a Solicitor and Higher Court Advocate specialising in all aspects of Crime, Corporate Crime, Fraud and Regulatory work.
He appears regularly in the Magistrates Court and police stations to represent clients in respect of a full range of criminal and motoring offences.
He is frequently instructed to represent clients as a Higher Court Advocate at proceedings before the Crown Court, often being instructed to represent defendants charged with sexual offences, fraud and violent offences.
Peter has expertise in dealing with substantial and high profile cases, working closely with King’s Counsel and other Counsel. He has represented clients charged with serious fraud offences including prosecutions by HMRC and SFO including cases classified as VHCC . He is often instructed to represent clients charged in relation to conspiracy to supply drugs cases. These cases involve careful consideration of thousands of pages of evidence, including detailed examination of phone and financial records.
Peter has successfully represented clients charged with serious and violent offences including murder and manslaughter as well as serious sexual offences, including historic sexual offences, where he has achieved successful results for clients by his detailed analysis of each case, including scrutinising prosecution material that is not relied upon, to successfully find evidence that supports his client’s case.
Peter handled one of the leading Computer Misuse Act cases, which set the precedent for “ethical hacking” in this country.
Peter deals with a portfolio of Regulatory work including representing clients in disciplinary proceedings brought by professional bodies, such as solicitors, accountants, pharmacists, doctors, sporting bodies and individuals.
Peter deals with a variety of matters involving firearms and shotgun certificate law, often assisting those who have had their firearms or shotgun certificates revoked or suspended.
Qualified as a solicitor – 1 September 2011.
Though adept in the full array of criminal matters, McCormicks is especially reputed for serious fraud, corporate manslaughter, drug conspiracy and sexual abuse cases. Peter Minnikin, a High Court Advocate, leads the team which also holds distinct track record in representing solicitors, pharmacist and accountants, among other professionals.
McCormicks is well known for its football-related disciplinary and regulatory work. The practice also handles SRA investigations and SDT defence work. Peter McCormick is a renowned sports lawyer; Peter Minnikin‘s practice includes disciplinary matters involving medical practitioners and physiotherapists; and Philip Edmondson heads up the litigation services team.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- Crime, fraud and licensing > General crime and fraud
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Private client > Family: Leeds, West Yorkshire, North Yorkshire
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Real estate > Commercial property: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Leeds, West Yorkshire, North Yorkshire
- Employment > Employment: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire