Michael Pocock > Pinsent Masons LLP > Manchester, England > Lawyer Profile
Pinsent Masons LLP Offices
3 HARDMAN STREET
- Go to...
Mike specialises in planning, highways and compulsory purchase law. Mike has a broad practice including specific expertise in the energy and natural resources sector as well as multi-disciplinary experience across the core industries and market sector including development, manufacturing, retail and university sectors. Mike has acted on some of the UK’s major regeneration schemes advising both private companies and local authorities. Mike also provides strategic legal advice to landowners and companies regarding development proposals including protecting their land and operational interests from third party development. Mike advises on environmental impact assessment and has successfully brought and defended judicial review challenges in this complex area.
Cardiff University (LLP/LF (Hons)); Cardiff Law School (LPC).
North West > Public sector > Education
The ‘brilliant‘ team at Pinsent Masons LLP is regularly involved in a range of planning, environmental, projects, construction, finance and employment mandates for higher education clients. Development, planning and environmental specialist Michael Pocock advises on large and complex development projects for clients in the university and higher education sector and legal director Pippa Whitmore leads the firm’s education finance bank lending practice and focuses on lending to education institutions.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Manchester
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy
- Human resources > Health and safety
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Public sector > Local government
- Human resources > Pensions
- Real estate > Planning and environment
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Project finance and PFI
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Manchester
- Public sector > Education
- Human resources > Employment
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Real estate > Social housing
- Real estate > Commercial property: Manchester