Euan Smith > Pinsent Masons LLP > Edinburgh, Scotland > Lawyer Profile
Pinsent Masons LLP Offices
1 EARL GREY STREET
- Go to...
Scotland > Human resources > Immigration
Pinsent Masons LLP‘s ‘very approachable and remarkably responsive‘ immigration group is part of the firm’s employment law practice and puts significant emphasis on corporate immigration work, most notably in the energy, higher education, retail, infrastructure, sport and financial services sectors. Euan Smith and ‘pragmatic and calm‘ legal director Joanne Hennessy are the main contacts.
Scotland > Human resources > Employment
‘Providing excellent support‘, Pinsent Masons LLP‘s ‘thorough and pragmatic‘ team stands out for its expertise in contentious employment law work, representing clients at the Employment Tribunal and in senior employee and board level disputes. On the non-contentious side, much of the group’s workload pertains to equal pay and TUPE issues, industrial relations and team moves with many of its instructions stemming from financial services, energy, infrastructure and manufacturing sector clients. Euan Smith and the ‘extremely experienced and highly regarded‘ Diane Nicol are among the main contacts in Scotland; both act for an extensive blue-chip and plc client base. Katie Williams formerly based in Aberdeen, relocated to firm’s Perth office, Australia, in June 2018.
London > Risk advisory > Brexit
Under the leadership of Clare Francis, Pinsent Masons LLP‘s national cross-departmental Brexit advisory team leverages the firm’s government affairs and public policy strength, a key area of expertise for Andrew Henderson, to assist corporates, governmental departments and industry bodies with Brexit-related legislative issues and the practical application of Brexit strategies. Francis is also the key contact for the firm’s Brexit contracting solution offering, which advises clients on the Brexit risk in their current contracts and the wider risk this poses to the supply chain. In the firm’s Edinburgh office, Euan Smith handles corporate immigration work, while Birmingham-based Cerys Wyn Davies leads the IP and information law Brexit work. Iain Connor is noted for his IP expertise with a particular focus on the soft IP issues faced by clients in the IT, pharmaceuticals and retail sectors, Liz Budd handles financial regulation and investment funds work, and Alan Davis leads the competition, EU and trade group. In a recent highlight, Hammad Akhtar advised Royal London on its Brexit strategy and implementation including a cross-border reorganisation. Former team head Guy Lougher retired.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation
- Real estate > Commercial property: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Real estate > Commercial property: elsewhere in Scotland
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Crime: fraud
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy (excluding oil and gas)
- Real estate > Environment
- Human resources > Health and safety
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Oil and gas
- Human resources > Pensions
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Projects
- Real estate > Property litigation