Jim Cormack > Pinsent Masons LLP > Edinburgh, Scotland > Lawyer Profile
Pinsent Masons LLP Offices
1 EARL GREY STREET
- Go to...
Scotland > Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation(Leading individuals)
Pinsent Masons LLP is a respected player in the market and utilises its strong cross-border capabilities to act for clients across a wide range of industries. Recently, the team led by ‘impressive operator‘ Jim Cormack QC, a solicitor advocate since September 2018, has been handling high-profile banking litigation, IP and IT disputes and product liability claims as well as commercial disputes arising from energy projects. Craig Connal QC, who also sits as arbitrator, and commercial litigator Jacqueline Harris are other key individuals of the team. Contentious IP expert David Woods made partner in May 2018.
Scotland > TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
Pinsent Masons LLP provides end-to-end advice to its client roster of energy, food and drink, life sciences and technology companies on advisory and contentious IP matters in the UK and abroad. The team regularly handles portfolio management, brand strategy, market exclusivity and access issues, as well as strategic contracts. Jim Cormack QC leads the contentious IP team while legal director George Campbell heads up the non-contentious practice. Litigator David Woods is a key name for clients in the financial services, retail, energy and university sectors; and Chris Martin focuses on higher education work; senior associate Gillian Anderson is also recommended.
London > Dispute resolution > Banking litigation: investment and retail
Pinsent Masons LLP‘s ‘extremely sound and measured team‘ regularly advises major banks on high-profile litigation, including cross-border disputes, indirect taxation matters involving banking clients, and major claims against banks. It has also built a robust capital markets and derivatives litigation practice. Stuart McNeill, Edinburgh-based Jim Cormack, and legal director Mike Hawthorne are the principal advisers.
- Commercial litigation - Scotland > Dispute resolution
- Intellectual property - Scotland > TMT (technology, media and telecoms)
- Leading individuals - Scotland > Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation
- Real estate > Commercial property: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Real estate > Commercial property: elsewhere in Scotland
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Crime: fraud
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy (excluding oil and gas)
- Real estate > Environment
- Human resources > Health and safety
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Oil and gas
- Human resources > Pensions
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Projects
- Real estate > Property litigation