Jennifer Ballantyne > Pinsent Masons LLP > Glasgow, Scotland > Lawyer Profile
Pinsent Masons LLP Offices
141 BOTHWELL STREET
- Go to...
Jennifer is a partner with particular expertise in renewable energy, waste management, minerals and contaminated land.
In relation to renewable energy work, Jennifer advises landowners, developers and funders on the property, planning and environmental aspects of schemes across the UK including wind farms (onshore and offshore – rounds 1, 2, 2.5 and 3), small scale hydro, biomass, landfill gas utilisation, carbon capture and storage (CCS) and wave and tidal.
Jennifer is a member of the Scottish Property Federation’s Renewables Committee and Scottish Renewables’ Planning Work Group. In ‘Chambers’ and ‘The Legal 500’ she is highly rated: ‘her technical skills are excellent; she is able to get to the nub of the issue and she doesn’t get sidetracked by extraneous points’ and ‘very knowledgeable of the wider renewables industry and gives practical, commercial advice’.
Law Society of Scotland; Law Society of England & Wales.
University of Glasgow (LLB (Hons); Diploma in Legal Practice).
Scotland > Real estate > Planning
Pinsent Masons LLP‘s ‘strong‘ planning team is led by its Birmingham and London offices with Jennifer Ballantyne being the main contact in Scotland. The team’s strength lies in advising clients on energy, infrastructure and residential development projects, including contentious work such as planning appeal proceedings. The recommended Gary McGovern is another key member of the team and handles a wide range of planning and environmental law work.
Scotland > Real estate > EnvironmentWithin: Leading individuals -
Jennifer Ballantyne leads the ‘proactive‘ Scottish environment team at Pinsent Masons LLP, which is a respected player in the market, handling a broad spectrum of environment law work in the energy, infrastructure, housing and manufacturing sectors. This includes, among other matters, regulatory advice and permitting assistance for energy and industrial installations, advice on projects and transactions, as well as litigation and regulatory enforcement support. Gordon McCreath and legal director Ross McDowall are recommended; both handle a wide range of sector-specific work.
Scotland > Real estate > Commercial property: Edinburgh and Glasgow
Leveraging the firm’s global network, Pinsent Masons LLP is recognised for its cross-border commercial property work, especially in the energy space. The Scottish team, led by Katharine Hardie, has a strong track record in the residential development sector and is also singled out for regeneration mandates; Paul Connolly is the key name for development matters. The group’s high-profile client roster also ensures the team regularly handles large-scale asset acquisitions including shopping centres and cross-border portfolio acquisitions; it also assists with cross-border restructuring and refinancing deals. Ewan Alexander, energy property team head Jennifer Ballantyne, and property investment specialist Russell Munro are also recommended.
- Commercial property: Edinburgh and Glasgow - Scotland > Real estate
- Environment - Scotland > Real estate
- Leading individuals - Scotland > Real estate > Environment
- Planning - Scotland > Real estate
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation
- Real estate > Commercial property: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Real estate > Commercial property: elsewhere in Scotland
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Crime: fraud
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy (excluding oil and gas)
- Real estate > Environment
- Human resources > Health and safety
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Oil and gas
- Human resources > Pensions
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Projects
- Real estate > Property litigation