Yvonne Dunn > Pinsent Masons LLP > Glasgow, Scotland > Lawyer Profile
Pinsent Masons LLP Offices
141 BOTHWELL STREET
- Go to...
Yvonne is a partner who lead our TMT financial services practice. She specialises in providing TMT, outsourcing and commercial contracts advice to banks, insurers and wealth companies. Yvonne also advises on fintech, working with technology businesses and established financial services firms. She leads strategic projects which combine TMT and outsourcing issues with the regulatory context for FS clients. She regularly speaks and writes on TMT and outsourcing issues relevant to the financial services sector.
University of Glasgow (LLB (Hons); DLP).
London > TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Fintech
Pinsent Masons LLP‘s fintech group represents a number of banks, financial institutions and fast-growth companies invested in the payments space. The team has particular expertise advising on regulatory issues, including the implementation of Open Banking in line with PSD2, API licensing agreements, applications to become a regulated financial services entity to provide ‘account information services’, and compliance with the Retail Banking Market Investigation Order 2017. In the commercial space, the group advises on investments, acquisitions, contractual agreements, product development, white labelling and service agreements. Yvonne Dunn, whose clients include banks and start-ups, brings specialist Open Banking knowledge to the team. Angus McFadyen is the firm’s go-to payments lawyer; in a recent case he advised Yolt on the pan-European development and roll out of its financial management product. Junior partner Thilo Schneider focuses on corporate work in the sector, including M&A, venture capital investments and joint venture transactions. Financial services regulatory lawyer Andrew Barber (who joined the firm in 2019 from Womble Bond Dickinson (UK) LLP) has broad experience in payments, e-money and, in particular, the regulation and risks of ICOs and DLT.
Scotland > TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecomsWithin: Leading individuals -
The IT practice at Pinsent Masons LLP is singled out for its sector-focused approach, notably in the financial services, public and energy industries, where it is particularly recognised for its outsourcing and procurement work. Also noted is the firm’s dedicated TMT litigation team, and its digital and IT work for universities in Scotland and abroad. Yvonne Dunn leads the TMT group and also heads up the TMT financial services and fintech practice.
- IT and telecoms - Scotland > TMT (technology, media and telecoms)
- Leading individuals - Scotland > TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation
- Real estate > Commercial property: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Real estate > Commercial property: elsewhere in Scotland
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Crime: fraud
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy (excluding oil and gas)
- Real estate > Environment
- Human resources > Health and safety
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Oil and gas
- Human resources > Pensions
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Projects
- Real estate > Property litigation