Emmanuel Gougé > Pinsent Masons LLP > Paris, France > Lawyer Profile
Pinsent Masons LLP Offices
21-23 RUE BALZAC
- Go to...
France > Intellectual property > Intellectual property: copyrightWithin: Leading individuals -
Pinsent Masons LLP‘s Emmanuel Gougé ‘is a brilliant practitioner capable of quickly navigating to the core of the dispute with a problem-solving and pragmatic approach‘; according to one client, ‘as opposed to some other French attorneys, he is a very talented English speaker and team coordinator‘. In recent highlights, senior associate Virginia de Freitas and associate Léonore Isnard supported Gougé in his advice to a photographer in a pre-litigation matter pertaining to the unauthorised use of the client’s work by large conglomerates for advertising purposes. Also notable is the team’s work for a perfume brand on the intellectual property aspects of the launch of a new product in France.
France > Intellectual property > Intellectual property: Patents
Emmanuel Gougé is the name to note at Pinsent Masons LLP for patents work; he recently acted for B/E Aerospace in its nullity claim against the French part of a European patent held by Zodiac Aerotechnics in a pan-European action. He and associate Virginia de Freitas have been representing Plastic Omnium in a cross-border infringement claim against German competitor Emitec from the seizure of counterfeit goods by the authorities to the action’s current stage in the European Patent Court. Other key clients include Landis+Gyr, Bobis Engineering and Aber Instruments.
France > Intellectual property > Intellectual property: Trade marks and designs
Pinsent Masons LLP regularly represents clients in trade mark and design infringement litigation and assists them with branding and international marketing strategies. Emmanuel Gougé and associate Virginia de Freitas are currently defending Griesson – de Beukelaer in trade mark infringement and parasitic business practice proceedings brought by Générale Biscuit Glico France and Mondelēz regarding the alleged violation of the “mikado” biscuit trade mark. Also notable is associate Léonore Isnard.
- Intellectual property: copyright - France > Intellectual property
- Leading individuals - France > Intellectual property > Intellectual property: copyright
- Intellectual property: Patents - France > Intellectual property
- Intellectual property: Trade marks and designs - France > Intellectual property
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Industry focus > Industry focus: energy
- Intellectual property > Intellectual property: Patents
- Industry focus > Industry focus: IT, telecoms and the internet
- Intellectual property > Intellectual property: Trade marks and designs
- Project finance
- Dispute resolution > Dispute resolution: commercial litigation
- Dispute resolution: International arbitration