Daniel Toop > Penningtons Manches Cooper LLP > Basingstoke, England > Lawyer Profile
Penningtons Manches Cooper LLP Offices
DA VINCI HOUSE
- Go to...
Private client and tax, Court of Protection and deputyships
A partner in the private client team at Penningtons Manches Cooper, Daniel mainly supports those who have suffered catastrophic injuries as a result of medical negligence or personal injury and have been awarded substantial compensation to meet their future needs. With a particular interest in acquired brain injury, Daniel advises on a broad range of Court of Protection and personal injury trust issues for both professional and lay deputies and trustees.
His area of specialism is working with and supporting the litigation process, both in clinical negligence and personal injury claims. This knowledge is essential in ensuring that the compensation, which can take many years to secure, is properly protected and managed, either through a personal injury trust or a deputyship.
Daniel qualified in 2012, having joined Penningtons Manches Cooper as a trainee in 2010.
Lawyer Rankings(Next Generation Partners)
Penningtons Manches Cooper LLP frequently acts as a professional deputy or trustee for individuals who are in receipt of an award due to personal injury or clinical negligence. The team led by Julie Burton acts for children and adults with acquired brain injuries and other injuries across the UK and internationally. It also manages the estates of a number of elderly clients. PennTrust Ltd, the firm’s trust corporation, is on the Court of Protection deputyship panel and the brain injury group specialist panel for Court of Protection practitioners. The team recently welcomed Grace Serwanga to its ranks from Simpson Millar LLP and Daniel Toop was promoted to the partnership.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Real estate > Commercial property: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Employment > Employment: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Employment > Employment: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Private client > Family: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Private client > Family: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Employment > Pensions
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant
- Real estate > Commercial property: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Employment > Employment: Hampshire
- Real estate > Environment and planning
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Public sector > Public sector
- Real estate > Social housing
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate