Gemma Woodhouse > Penningtons Manches Cooper LLP > Basingstoke, England > Lawyer Profile
Penningtons Manches Cooper LLP Offices
DA VINCI HOUSE
- Go to...
Penningtons Manches Cooper LLP has a strong reputation of acting on the employer side; clients include regional businesses, as well as industry associations and the UK subsidiaries of European, US and Indian companies. The firm recently assisted clients with a number of sensitive matters, including whistleblowing cases, international employment contracts and senior executive departures. The employment team is led by David Bickford, who has experience of defending complex employment tribunal claims, outsourcing (including all TUPE issues), and advising on employment policies and procedures. Gemma Woodhouse is also recommended.
The multi-disciplinary education team at Penningtons Manches Cooper LLP is regularly instructed by leading UK universities and other higher education institutions on a number of matters pertaining to commercial property concerns, joint venture agreements, contracts and litigation. The group led by Gemma Woodhouse combines specialist employment and immigration expertise; immigration specialist Pat Saini and head of private wealth immigration Hazar El-Chamaa are both recommended. Corporate partner Simon Bickerdike advises on multi-jurisdictional transactions and projects, and also handles merger-related matters.
Penningtons Manches Cooper LLP‘s education team combines cross-departmental expertise in immigration, employment, commercial property and governance to advise clients on a wide spectrum of matters, including safeguarding and child protection as well as discrimination issues. Jointly led by Gemma Woodhouse, Hilary Aldred and Daff Richardson, the team has experience in assisting high-profile clients with historic abuse issues and defending against claims arising from this. Other key team members include immigration specialists Pat Saini and Hazar El-Chamaa.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Insurance > Clinical negligence: claimant
- Real estate > Commercial property: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Real estate > Commercial property: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Public sector > Education
- Human resources > Employment: Hampshire
- Human resources > Employment: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Human resources > Employment: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Real estate > Environment
- Private client > Family: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Private client > Family: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Human resources > Pensions
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Insurance > Personal injury: claimant
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Real estate > Social housing
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate