Henrietta Mason > Penningtons Manches Cooper LLP > Basingstoke, England > Lawyer Profile
Penningtons Manches Cooper LLP Offices
DA VINCI HOUSE
- Go to...
Contentious private client
Advises on contentious aspects of private client work for individuals and charities; trust and estate litigation both domestic and international, estate administration; conflicts of laws in cross border matters; negligence claims in relation to trust and succession; joint property ownership disputes.
‘Whip-smart, direct and pulls no punches…she provides a fantastic service.’ – The Legal 500 2017
Trained at Withers LLP 2001 and qualified 2003; Withers 2003 – end 2015; Penningtons Manches LLP 2016 to date; made partner 2018.
ACTAPS; Charity Law Association; member of Wills and Equity Committee of the Law Society; President of Private Client Commission of AIJA (International Association for Young Lawyers).
St Mary’s Calne, Wiltshire; Oxford University (St Anne’s College); BA English Language and Literature 2:1
Lawyer Rankings(Next Generation Partners)
Penningtons Manches Cooper LLP has a strong team with Michael Cash at the helm. Cash specialises in domestic and international trust and estate litigation as well as breach of trust claims, administration of estate claims and claims under the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependant) Act 1975. Henrietta Mason is well-regarded for her work for UK and overseas private individuals and charity clients. Newly-promoted partner Sarah Lee advises on a broad range of trust and estate litigation including breach of trust claims and administration disputes. The agile team routinely handles complex cross-border claims. It is one to watch.
Penningtons Manches Cooper LLP acts for a broad range of national and local charitable clients including some household names as well as higher education and independent schools. Other clients include literary charities, animal charities, disability charities and registered social landlords. Henrietta Mason now heads the team as Alison Talbot left the firm to join Winckworth Sherwood LLP. The practice has access to sector expertise across the firm, ranging from being able to advise charities on governance matters, to legacy disputes and employment matters.
Penningtons Manches Cooper LLP acts for charitable organisations such as educational institutions and membership organisations, disability charities and registered social landlords. It counts house-hold names such as Make-a-Wish Foundation UK and City & Guilds of London Institute among its recent clients. The multi-disciplinary practice advises on a broad range of matters including governance, corporate and commercial, real estate, public law, legacy disputes and employment matters. Henrietta Mason, Daff Richardson and Hilary Aldred are the key contacts. Practice head Alison Talbot departed to Winckworth Sherwood LLP in December 2018.
Penningtons Manches Cooper LLP‘s contentious trusts and probate work is managed by the firm’s private client team, which has a strong record of representing clients in matters involving multiple claims or assets spread across several jurisdictions. Practice head Michael Cash covers the full range of disputes, which includes contentious applications in the Court of Protection. Henrietta Mason is another name to note.
- Charities and not-for-profit - South East > Private client
- Contentious trusts and probate - South East > Private client
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Insurance > Clinical negligence: claimant
- Real estate > Commercial property: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Real estate > Commercial property: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Public sector > Education
- Human resources > Employment: Hampshire
- Human resources > Employment: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Human resources > Employment: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Real estate > Environment
- Private client > Family: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Private client > Family: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Human resources > Pensions
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Insurance > Personal injury: claimant
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Real estate > Social housing
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate