Alison Johnson > Penningtons Manches Cooper LLP > Basingstoke, England > Lawyer Profile
Penningtons Manches Cooper LLP Offices
DA VINCI HOUSE
- Go to...
Alison enjoys handling a wide practice covering the full spectrum of clinical negligence matters but with an emphasis on maximum severity birth injury and neonatal cerebral palsy cases, oncology, general practice, gynaecology and maternal injury, and cosmetic surgery claims.
She has handled a number of maximum severity birth injury/neonatal claims recovering damages settlements of £8 million+. She also has considerable experience of managing mid-high value claims, often on a conditional fee agreement basis.
Alison is an accredited solicitor with both the AvMA and Law Society specialist clinical negligence panels and receives enquiries through them. She is also a trained AvMA helpline volunteer.
She splits her time between the Basingstoke and Oxford offices, increasingly so in Oxford as she builds her practice there.
Trained Beachcroft LLP (Bristol and Winchester); qualified 2001; associate Penningtons Manches 2007-17; associate director Penningtons Manches 2017
Bishop Heber County High School, Malpas, Cheshire; University of Surrey, Guildford (1994-98) BSC Hons Law & German 2:1; College of Law, Guildford (1998-99) LPC Distinction.
Lawyer Rankings(Next Generation Partners)
Penningtons Manches Cooper LLP‘s ‘fantastic‘ practice is known for handling complex claims across the serious personal injury and clinical negligence space. Led out of Guildford by ‘class act’ Philippa Luscombe, the team is skilled in birth injuries, surgical issues and delayed diagnosis on the medical negligence front. Alison Johnson deals exclusively with clinical negligence matters and is recommended for her insight on birth injury and oncology. Over in Basingstoke, Alison Appelboam-Meadows has a specialism in obstetric and paediatric negligence, as well as heading up the firm’s cerebral palsy team. Stephanie Code is recommended for fatal claims and inquest work. The core team also comprises senior associates Emma Beeson and Emma McCheyne. The group is also experienced in product liability matters.
- Next Generation Partners - South East > Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant
- Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant - South East > Insurance
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Real estate > Commercial property: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Employment > Employment: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Employment > Employment: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Private client > Family: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Private client > Family: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Employment > Pensions
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant
- Real estate > Commercial property: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Employment > Employment: Hampshire
- Real estate > Environment and planning
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Public sector > Public sector
- Real estate > Social housing
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate