Julie Burton > Penningtons Manches Cooper LLP > Basingstoke, England > Lawyer Profile
Penningtons Manches Cooper LLP Offices
DA VINCI HOUSE
- Go to...
Private client and tax, capacity and Court of Protection.
Partner specialising in Court of Protection, personal injury trusts, elderly law including lasting powers of attorney, tax and care fee planning, wills and estate administration.
Trained Payne Hicks Beach; qualified 1982; tax adviser Sayers Butterworth 1982-83; Lamb Brooks 1983-88, 1997-2003; head of private client department 2001-03; partner Penningtons 2003 to date.
Solicitor for the elderly – Society of Trusts and Estate Practitioners.
Loreto College, Manchester; Hertford College, Oxford (1978 Law 2(1)).
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals) (Hall of Fame)
Penningtons Manches Cooper LLP frequently acts as a professional deputy or trustee for individuals who are in receipt of an award due to personal injury or clinical negligence. The team led by Julie Burton acts for children and adults with acquired brain injuries and other injuries across the UK and internationally. It also manages the estates of a number of elderly clients. PennTrust Ltd, the firm’s trust corporation, is on the Court of Protection deputyship panel and the brain injury group specialist panel for Court of Protection practitioners. The team recently welcomed Grace Serwanga to its ranks from Simpson Millar LLP and Daniel Toop was promoted to the partnership.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Real estate > Commercial property: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Employment > Employment: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Employment > Employment: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Private client > Family: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Private client > Family: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Employment > Pensions
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant
- Real estate > Commercial property: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Employment > Employment: Hampshire
- Real estate > Environment and planning
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Public sector > Public sector
- Real estate > Social housing
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate