Alison Appelboam-Meadows > Penningtons Manches Cooper LLP > Basingstoke, England > Lawyer Profile
Penningtons Manches Cooper LLP Offices
DA VINCI HOUSE
- Go to...
Clinical negligence, personal injury.
One of the partners in the PI and clinical negligence team which handles a range of personal injury and clinical negligence cases. She has 25 years’ experience in the field with particular expertise in clinical negligence cases involving obstetric negligence and has handled many cases on behalf of children with cerebral palsy as a result of ante-/peri-/post-natal events, running the cases to trial, if necessary, to achieve the best outcome for her clients, eg Zhang v Homerton University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust and Massey v Tameside & Glossop Acute Services NHS Trust. She also acts on behalf of adults who have sustained brain damage as a result of meningitis or hypoxia, eg Napoli v Bromley Hospitals NHS Trust, and those who have suffered significant spinal cord injuries.
Trained Taylor Joynson Garrett (now Taylor Wessing); qualified 1993; associate; associate Penningtons; partner 2005 to date; contributor to regular firm articles; lectures at training events.
Member of Law Society Clinical Negligence Panel; Senior Litigator of The Association of Personal Injury Lawyers; AvMA Specialist Clinical Negligence Panel.
Jesus College, Oxford (1989 BA Hons Experimental Psychology; 2014 MA Oxon); Nottingham Law School (1990 CPE; 1991 LSF).
Penningtons Manches Cooper LLP‘s ‘fantastic‘ practice is known for handling complex claims across the serious personal injury and clinical negligence space. Led out of Guildford by ‘class act’ Philippa Luscombe, the team is skilled in birth injuries, surgical issues and delayed diagnosis on the medical negligence front. Alison Johnson deals exclusively with clinical negligence matters and is recommended for her insight on birth injury and oncology. Over in Basingstoke, Alison Appelboam-Meadows has a specialism in obstetric and paediatric negligence, as well as heading up the firm’s cerebral palsy team. Stephanie Code is recommended for fatal claims and inquest work. The core team also comprises senior associates Emma Beeson and Emma McCheyne. The group is also experienced in product liability matters.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Real estate > Commercial property: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Employment > Employment: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Employment > Employment: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Private client > Family: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Private client > Family: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Employment > Pensions
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant
- Real estate > Commercial property: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Employment > Employment: Hampshire
- Real estate > Environment and planning
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Public sector > Public sector
- Real estate > Social housing
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate