Maria Riccio > Penningtons Manches Cooper LLP > Guildford, England > Lawyer Profile
Penningtons Manches Cooper LLP Offices
31 CHERTSEY STREET
- Go to...
Partner in pensions team advising trustees, employers and intermediaries in relation to all aspects of UK pension arrangements. Having worked for many high-profile companies and schemes, she has the specialist knowledge to advise on complex legal issues, in particular relating to liability management, scheme changes, mergers, terminations and debt issues following corporate restructuring or insolvency. She has also been involved in high-profile litigation, most notably the leading equalisation case of Foster Wheeler Ltd v Hanley & Others.
Legal executive and solicitor Nabarro Nathanson (now Nabarro); senior solicitor Paisner (now Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner); senior solicitor and partner Blake Lapthorn (now Blake Morgan); legal counsel and partner Bond Pearce (Womble Bond Dickinson); partner Penningtons (now Penningtons Manches) 2013 to date.
Association of Pension Lawyers.
St Angela’s RC School; FILEX; College of Law (London).
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
Penningtons Manches Cooper LLP has a strong reputation as one of ‘the most pre-eminent pension practices in the South East‘. Led by Maria Riccio, the practice works across all sectors with an emphasis on charities, insurance and private wealth. It provides transnational support and training, as well as handling contentious matters such as pensions fraud. The firm also advises private clients in pension disputes with their schemes or employers, in particular involving the operation of Small Self-Administered Schemes, Self Invested Personal Pensions and the payment of death benefits. Clare Coley and Verity Cruse are also of note.
- Leading individuals - South East > Human resources > Pensions
- Pensions - South East > Human resources
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Insurance > Clinical negligence: claimant
- Real estate > Commercial property: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Real estate > Commercial property: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Public sector > Education
- Human resources > Employment: Hampshire
- Human resources > Employment: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Human resources > Employment: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Real estate > Environment
- Private client > Family: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Private client > Family: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Human resources > Pensions
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Insurance > Personal injury: claimant
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Real estate > Social housing
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate