Philippa Luscombe > Penningtons Manches Cooper LLP > Guildford, England > Lawyer Profile
Penningtons Manches Cooper LLP Offices
31 CHERTSEY STREET
- Go to...
Clinical negligence, personal injury.
Partner heading the clinical negligence and personal injury team in Guildford, Acts for claimants in all aspects of clinical negligence claims, particularly cases involving brain injury, delayed diagnosis, spinal care and injury and death. Acts for claimants in catastrophic injury personal injury claims – particularly brain, spinal and fatal injury claims. Advises on investigations and inquests
Trained Penningtons; qualified 1998; partner 2006 to date.
Senior accredited litigator for Association of Personal Injury Lawyers; member of AvMA clinical negligence panel; Law Society clinical negligence panel; Law Society personal injury panel; Spinal Injury Association recommended solicitor, accredited by the Brain Injury Group.
St Catherine’s School, Bramley; Exeter University (1995 LLB Hons); Exeter Law School (LPC, merit)
Penningtons Manches Cooper LLP‘s ‘fantastic‘ practice is known for handling complex claims across the serious personal injury and clinical negligence space. Led out of Guildford by ‘class act’ Philippa Luscombe, the team is skilled in birth injuries, surgical issues and delayed diagnosis on the medical negligence front. Alison Johnson deals exclusively with clinical negligence matters and is recommended for her insight on birth injury and oncology. Over in Basingstoke, Alison Appelboam-Meadows has a specialism in obstetric and paediatric negligence, as well as heading up the firm’s cerebral palsy team. Stephanie Code is recommended for fatal claims and inquest work. The core team also comprises senior associates Emma Beeson and Emma McCheyne. The group is also experienced in product liability matters.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Real estate > Commercial property: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Employment > Employment: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Employment > Employment: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Private client > Family: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Private client > Family: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Employment > Pensions
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant
- Real estate > Commercial property: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Employment > Employment: Hampshire
- Real estate > Environment and planning
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Public sector > Public sector
- Real estate > Social housing
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate