Mark Lee > Penningtons Manches Cooper LLP > Guildford, England > Lawyer Profile
Penningtons Manches Cooper LLP Offices
31 CHERTSEY STREET
- Go to...
Travel, personal injury, insurance.
Mark heads the firm’s nationally recognised travel group. He is a catastrophic injuries lawyer with particular experience of cases involving severely brain injured claimants, who are involved in accidents abroad. He is very well connected in the travel insurance industry and advises insurers and policyholders regarding travel related disputes, both in a claimant and a defendant capacity. He also receives instructions from niche tour operators regarding the defence of package travel claims. Notable case successes include Vann v Profeta de Sa, Julie Bygrave v Thomas Cook Tour Operations Ltd, and Susan Pimbblet v Kevin Clelland and Ethniki.
Trained Stones Solicitors; qualified 2000; assistant solicitor at Brachers (2000-01); assistant solicitor then associate at Irwin Mitchell (incorporating Lorenzo Zurbrugg) (2001-08); partner Penningtons Solicitors LLP 2009.
Travel & Tourism Lawyers Association (TATLA); Association of Personal Injury Lawyers (APIL); British Spanish Lawyers Association (BSLA); Pan European Organisation of Personal Injury Lawyers (PEOPIL); Institute of Travel and Tourism (ITT).
Canford School, Dorset; The University of the West of England, Bristol (European Law and Languages (French and Spanish), 2(1); LLB (Hons); 1998 LPC).
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
Operating as part of a large, multi-disciplinary team, Penningtons Manches Cooper LLP‘s personal injury practice is instructed on complex cross-border cases by both claimants and defendants. It often acts for those affected by a life-changing injury; high-profile cases involving individuals who have sustained catastrophic brain injuries are a key area of strength. ‘Building a reputation as a leader in the field‘, travel law practice head Mark Lee primarily represents travel insurers and their policyholders in high-value compensation claims arising from accidents abroad. The team also features Warren Collins, who has ‘extensive experience in handling cross-border claims involving personal injuries of the greatest severity‘ including catastrophic claims and fatal accident litigation.
Penningtons Manches Cooper LLP advises clients in Spain and South America on disputes under English and Spanish law, as well as acting in the Spanish, English and Welsh courts. The practice has international experience in marine, energy, aviation, transport, major casualties, tourism, environmental and pollution insurance matters. As a result of the 2019 merger, the firm has also increased its expertise in travel law issues; Mark Lee is the key name in this area. The team is co-led by Juan Alegre, who focuses on shipping and international trade; Bernardo Ruiz Lima, who handles insurance claims, logistics and transport issues, P&I and salvage proceedings; and shipping and international commercial law expert Ernesto Rivera.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Real estate > Commercial property: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Employment > Employment: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Employment > Employment: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Private client > Family: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Private client > Family: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Employment > Pensions
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant
- Real estate > Commercial property: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Employment > Employment: Hampshire
- Real estate > Environment and planning
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Public sector > Public sector
- Real estate > Social housing
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate