Stephanie Code > Penningtons Manches Cooper LLP > Guildford, England > Lawyer Profile
Penningtons Manches Cooper LLP Offices
31 CHERTSEY STREET
- Go to...
Clinical negligence, personal injury. Based in Guildford but working out of Guildford and London office as required.
Partner in clinical negligence and personal injury team. Varied practice covering a wide range of clinical negligence cases with a focus on maximum severity claims, particularly birth, spinal and head injury and those with complex and novel issues and/or involving children.
Trained at Bolt Burdon (now Bolt Burdon & Kemp) Islington, London; qualified in 1990; made partner in present firm in 2016.
Bolt Burdon Kemp, Islington, London – trainee solicitor and solicitor; Evill & Coleman, London, (now Russell Cooke), partner; Charles Russell, London (now Charles Russell Speechlys), partner and head of clinical negligence team; Kingsley Napley LLP, London, partner; Penningtons Manches LLP, Guildford, partner.
Accredited Specialist Panel Member, Action against Medical Accidents (AvMA); Accredited Specialist Clinical Negligence Panel, The Law Society; Accredited Fellow Associated with Personal Injury and Lawyers (APIL); Past Coordinator and Secretary, APIL Clinical Negligence Specialist Interest Group; Executive Member of The Society of Clinical Injury Lawyers (SCIL) 2015 to date.
Liverpool University, LLB Hons 1987, Chester Law College 1998 LPC
Penningtons Manches Cooper LLP‘s ‘fantastic‘ practice is known for handling complex claims across the serious personal injury and clinical negligence space. Led out of Guildford by ‘class act’ Philippa Luscombe, the team is skilled in birth injuries, surgical issues and delayed diagnosis on the medical negligence front. Alison Johnson deals exclusively with clinical negligence matters and is recommended for her insight on birth injury and oncology. Over in Basingstoke, Alison Appelboam-Meadows has a specialism in obstetric and paediatric negligence, as well as heading up the firm’s cerebral palsy team. Stephanie Code is recommended for fatal claims and inquest work. The core team also comprises senior associates Emma Beeson and Emma McCheyne. The group is also experienced in product liability matters.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Real estate > Commercial property: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Employment > Employment: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Employment > Employment: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Private client > Family: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Private client > Family: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Employment > Pensions
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant
- Real estate > Commercial property: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Employment > Employment: Hampshire
- Real estate > Environment and planning
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Public sector > Public sector
- Real estate > Social housing
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate