Rob Hayes > Penningtons Manches Cooper LLP > Reading, England > Lawyer Profile
Penningtons Manches Cooper LLP Offices
- Go to...
Corporate partner specialising in mergers, acquisitions and venture capital work, acting for both institutional investors and high growth companies. Clients include Business Growth Fund; Imperial Innovations LLP, Nexeon Limited and Veryan Medial. Recently acted for Nexeon on a £30 million institutional fundraise; BGF on an equity investment into a software technology company and for the shareholders of a sports clothing business on the sale of the company to Reebok International Limited.
Trained Fennemores; qualified 2000; partner Manches 2008. Previously a graduate trainee and manager for the John Lewis Partnership.
Shrewsbury School; Middlesex University (1992 Linguistics 2:1); Oxford Brookes University (1997 CPE Distinction); Oxford Institute of Legal Practice (1998 LPC Commendation).
South East > Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
Penningtons Manches Cooper LLP has a strong track record in international M&A and venture capital transactions and offers ‘very practical and helpful advice‘ to major clients in the life sciences, technology and renewable energy sectors. Oxford-based partners Will Axtell and James Went specialises in M&A, fundraisings and AIM capital markets. In Reading Rob Hayes acts on behalf of investors and investee companies in mid-market M&A and venture capital transactions.
With three partners devoted exclusively to handling venture capital work, Penningtons Manches Cooper LLP‘s ‘knowledgeable and responsive‘ team has the critical mass to handle an impressive and growing volume of mandates for a primarily investee-focused client base. With offices in London, Thames Valley, Cambridge and Oxford, the team has deep exposure to the venture capital ecosystem; benefiting from close links to a number of leading UK universities, it frequently advises on life sciences spin-out work. Although the firm remains better known for its investee-related work, it is also advising an increasing array of investors on their financings, as well as on work for their portfolio companies. The ‘exceptional‘ Justin Starling jointly heads the team alongside Rob Hayes, and is particularly noted for his university-related technology transfer prowess.
- Corporate and commercial: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40 - South East > Corporate and commercial
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Insurance > Clinical negligence: claimant
- Real estate > Commercial property: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Real estate > Commercial property: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Public sector > Education
- Human resources > Employment: Hampshire
- Human resources > Employment: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Human resources > Employment: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Real estate > Environment
- Private client > Family: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Private client > Family: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Human resources > Pensions
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Insurance > Personal injury: claimant
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Real estate > Social housing
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate