Seb Orton > Penningtons Manches Cooper LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Penningtons Manches Cooper LLP Offices
125 WOOD STREET
- Go to...
Partner in the corporate team in London with extensive experience advising both private and public companies and financial institutions. His work covers a range of corporate issues with a particular focus on IPOs, secondary fund-raisings, M&A, including public company takeovers, and assisting listed companies on corporate governance and their continuing obligations.
Has wide cross-sector experience and has recently acted on a full range of issuer-side transactions from a FTSE250 Main Market IPO for a financial institution to a variety of smaller Main Market and AIM transactions in the retail and health and care sectors.
Seconded to Investec’s Corporate Finance Group in 2004 and Citigroup’s ECM legal team in 2011 and has strong links with a variety of investment banks across the UK. Joined Penningtons Manches Cooper in 2019 from the City office of a leading international firm. Prior to that, he was a partner in the London office of a US law firm.
Penningtons Manches Cooper LLP has experience in a range of ECM transactions, including Main Market and AIM IPOs, secondary transactions and AQSE secondary fundraisings. Seb Orton leads the team and focuses on IPOs, secondary fundraisings, M&A and assisting listed companies with corporate governance mandates.
Penningtons Manches Cooper LLP’s corporate team specialise in lower mid-market M&A with a focus on the technology, real estate, private wealth and retail sectors. Team head Matthew Martin has extensive experience in the fashion, luxury and lifestyle sector. Seb Orton has acted on a full range of issuer and investment bank-side transactions in the retail and health and care sectors. Chris Owen has considerable experience of acting on cross-border transactions. Helen Drayton has extensive experience in corporate reorganisations, including solvent liquidations, demergers and the implementation of other tax planning schemes.
- M&A: smaller deals, up to £50m - London > Corporate and commercial
- Equity capital markets – small-mid cap - London > Corporate and commercial
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: mid-market
- Dispute resolution > Commodities disputes
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Private client > Court of protection
- Employment > Employees/unions
- Private client > Family
- Employment > Immigration
- Corporate and commercial > M&A: smaller deals, up to £50m
- Transport > Travel
- Insurance > Clinical negligence: claimant
- Public sector > Education: institutions
- Insurance > Personal injury: claimant
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Reputation management
- Employment > Senior executives
- Transport > Shipping
- Finance > Trade finance
- Real estate > Construction: non-contentious
- Public sector > Education: schools
- Corporate and commercial > Equity capital markets – small-mid cap
- Insurance > Product liability: defendant
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Real estate > Social housing: local authorities and registered providers
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Corporate and commercial > Venture capital
- Dispute resolution > Banking litigation: investment and retail
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Real estate > Commercial property: development
- Real estate > Commercial property: investment
- Real estate > Construction: contentious
- Employment > Employers
- Insurance > Insurance and reinsurance litigation
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property: trade marks, copyright and design
- Real estate > Property litigation