Anna Frankum > Penningtons Manches Cooper LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Penningtons Manches Cooper LLP Offices
125 WOOD STREET
- Go to...
Intellectual property, commercial.
A partner in the firm’s commercial, IP and IT team. Specialises in intellectual property, especially copyright and trade marks; and commercial contracts including agency, distribution and supply agreements.
Joined Penningtons as trainee 1993; qualified 1995; partner 2003.
International Trademarks Association.
Lincoln College, Oxford (1991 BA Hons Jurisprudence (Oxon); MA (Oxon)); College of Law, Chester (1992); King’s College, London (1998 Dip UK and European Copyright Law).
London > TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property: trade marks, copyright and design
Anna Frankum and Chris Shelly head the IP practice at Penningtons Manches Cooper LLP, which recently advised on brand enforcement and opposition strategy for high-profile retail, fashion, food and drink celebrity clients. Clients in the automotive and architecture sectors also engaged the team on brand and design safeguarding, IP rights transfers and infringement claims. A solid list of technology clients retains the team for IP advice relating to software, data and algorithms.
Chris Shelley in Oxford and the London-based Anna Frankum oversee the IP offering at Penningtons Manches Cooper LLP. Respectively known for their work in life sciences and education, they handle a broad range of matters covering patent licensing and passing-off. More broadly, the team handles design and rights issues. On the contentious side, the firm has a strong record of work on cross-border contract disputes. Daniel Berry is known for anti-counterfeiting advice while Joanne Vengadesan is particularly strong in software matters. Holly Strube specialises in brand protection.
- Intellectual property: trade marks, copyright and design - London > TMT (technology, media and telecoms)
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: mid-market
- Dispute resolution > Commodities disputes
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Private client > Court of protection
- Employment > Employee/unions
- Private client > Family
- Employment > Senior executives
- Insurance > Clinical negligence: claimant
- Public sector > Education: institutions
- Insurance > Personal injury: claimant
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Reputation management
- Transport > Shipping
- Corporate and commercial > Venture capital
- Insurance > Product liability: defendant
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Dispute resolution > Banking litigation: investment and retail
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Real estate > Construction: non-contentious
- Public sector > Education: schools
- Employment > Employers
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property: trade marks, copyright and design
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Real estate > Social housing: local authorities and registered providers
- Employment > Immigration
- Transport > Travel