Alexander Fox > Penningtons Manches Cooper LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Penningtons Manches Cooper LLP Offices
125 WOOD STREET
- Go to...
Commercial dispute resolution, technology, IP and insolvency.
Alex is a partner in the commercial dispute resolution group with particular expertise within the areas of technology, IP and media and insolvency. He advises on a variety of significant commercial disputes, including arbitrations, financial services, complex technology/healthcare disputes, regulatory issues, public/procurement and substantial national, and cross-border claims. Notable recent cases include the following: advising on the reported case of Jordan Grand Prix Ltd v Tiger Telematics Inc; R v Cockburn; advising Grant Thornton on the administration of Aquarius Limited; advising on the effect of the collapse of the split capital trust market and SWAPS claims.
Partner Penningtons Manches 2005. Publications: ‘New Law of Insolvency’ (Law Society); regularly lectures and publishes numerous legal articles in the legal press.
LCF; AIJA; IBA; ABA.
Mill Hill School, London; Leeds University (Economics); College of Law, York.
Penningtons Manches Cooper LLP acts both for and against banks in a range of litigation, and is particularly praised for its work on misselling and misrepresentation claims against banks. The group is jointly led by Clare Arthurs, who is head of commercial dispute resolution, and Alexander Fox, who leads the business and finance disputes team. Fox is ‘an impressive combination of charming and clinical’ and takes the lead on litigation against banks; other key figures in the group include Kamran Rehman, who has ‘good commercial judgement’ and focuses on professional negligence claims in this area, and ‘tenacious and intelligent’ senior associate Charlotte Hill.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: mid-market
- Dispute resolution > Commodities disputes
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Private client > Court of protection
- Employment > Employees/unions
- Private client > Family
- Employment > Immigration
- Corporate and commercial > M&A: smaller deals, up to £50m
- Transport > Travel
- Insurance > Clinical negligence: claimant
- Public sector > Education: institutions
- Insurance > Personal injury: claimant
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Reputation management
- Employment > Senior executives
- Transport > Shipping
- Finance > Trade finance
- Real estate > Construction: non-contentious
- Public sector > Education: schools
- Corporate and commercial > Equity capital markets – small-mid cap
- Insurance > Product liability: defendant
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Real estate > Social housing: local authorities and registered providers
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Corporate and commercial > Venture capital
- Dispute resolution > Banking litigation: investment and retail
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Real estate > Commercial property: development
- Real estate > Commercial property: investment
- Real estate > Construction: contentious
- Employment > Employers
- Insurance > Insurance and reinsurance litigation
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property: trade marks, copyright and design
- Real estate > Property litigation