Alexander Fox > Penningtons Manches Cooper LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Penningtons Manches Cooper LLP Offices
125 WOOD STREET
- Go to...
Commercial dispute resolution, technology, IP and insolvency.
Alex is a partner in the commercial dispute resolution group with particular expertise within the areas of technology, IP and media and insolvency. He advises on a variety of significant commercial disputes, including arbitrations, financial services, complex technology/healthcare disputes, regulatory issues, public/procurement and substantial national, and cross-border claims. Notable recent cases include the following: advising on the reported case of Jordan Grand Prix Ltd v Tiger Telematics Inc; R v Cockburn; advising Grant Thornton on the administration of Aquarius Limited; advising on the effect of the collapse of the split capital trust market and SWAPS claims.
Partner Penningtons Manches 2005. Publications: ‘New Law of Insolvency’ (Law Society); regularly lectures and publishes numerous legal articles in the legal press.
LCF; AIJA; IBA; ABA.
Mill Hill School, London; Leeds University (Economics); College of Law, York.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: mid-market
- Private client > Family
- Real estate > Social housing: tenant
- Dispute resolution > Commodities disputes
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Private client > Court of protection
- Employment > Employees/unions
- Employment > Immigration
- Corporate and commercial > M&A: Smaller Deals, £10m-£100m
- Insurance > Personal injury: claimant
- Transport > Travel
- Insurance > Clinical negligence: claimant
- Public sector > Education: institutions
- Public sector > Education: schools
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Reputation management
- Employment > Senior executives
- Transport > Shipping
- Finance > Trade finance
- Dispute resolution > Banking litigation: investment and retail
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Corporate and commercial > Equity capital markets – small-mid cap
- Dispute resolution > Group litigation: Claimant
- Insurance > Product liability: defendant
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Real estate > Social housing: local authorities and registered providers
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Corporate and commercial > Venture capital
- Real estate > Commercial property: development
- Real estate > Commercial property: investment
- Real estate > Construction: contentious
- Real estate > Construction: non-contentious
- Employment > Employers
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Fraud: civil
- Insurance > Insurance and reinsurance litigation
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property: trade marks, copyright and design
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Employment > Pensions (non-contentious)