Alexander Fox > Penningtons Manches Cooper LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Penningtons Manches Cooper LLP Offices
125 WOOD STREET
- Go to...
Commercial dispute resolution, technology, IP and insolvency.
Alex is a partner in the commercial dispute resolution group with particular expertise within the areas of technology, IP and media and insolvency. He advises on a variety of significant commercial disputes, including arbitrations, financial services, complex technology/healthcare disputes, regulatory issues, public/procurement and substantial national, and cross-border claims. Notable recent cases include the following: advising on the reported case of Jordan Grand Prix Ltd v Tiger Telematics Inc; R v Cockburn; advising Grant Thornton on the administration of Aquarius Limited; advising on the effect of the collapse of the split capital trust market and SWAPS claims.
Partner Penningtons Manches 2005. Publications: ‘New Law of Insolvency’ (Law Society); regularly lectures and publishes numerous legal articles in the legal press.
LCF; AIJA; IBA; ABA.
Mill Hill School, London; Leeds University (Economics); College of Law, York.
The ‘brilliant‘ business and financial disputes team at Penningtons Manches Cooper LLP benefits from experience acting for and against banks in litigation, with particular expertise in swaps litigation. Practice head Rustam Dubash has significant experience representing Indian companies; Alexander Fox handles both traditional banking and fintech disputes, including cryptocurrency claims, while Phillip D’Costa is noted for contentious regulatory matters. Other names to note include Michael Brown, who joined from Bird & Bird LLP , bringing misselling of investment products claims, LIBOR and card payment services disputes expertise. Recently promoted partner Emma Davies (who splits her time between Oxford and London) and ‘tenacious litigator‘ Charlotte Hill are other names to note.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: mid-market
- Dispute resolution > Commodities disputes
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Private client > Court of protection
- Employment > Employee/unions
- Private client > Family
- Employment > Senior executives
- Insurance > Clinical negligence: claimant
- Public sector > Education: institutions
- Insurance > Personal injury: claimant
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Reputation management
- Transport > Shipping
- Corporate and commercial > Venture capital
- Insurance > Product liability: defendant
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Dispute resolution > Banking litigation: investment and retail
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Real estate > Construction: non-contentious
- Public sector > Education: schools
- Employment > Employers
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property: trade marks, copyright and design
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Real estate > Social housing: local authorities and registered providers
- Employment > Immigration
- Transport > Travel