Richard Cooke > Penningtons Manches Cooper LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Penningtons Manches Cooper LLP Offices
125 WOOD STREET
- Go to...
Construction and infrastructure.
Richard specialises in construction and engineering law and heads up the construction and infrastructure team. He represents clients across a broad range of construction and infrastructure projects, from smaller projects to complex large-scale projects. His experience covers the transport, energy and oil & gas sectors, as well as traditional construction, development and PFI/PPP. In addition to his UK work, Richard has significant overseas experience, and has worked on some of the world’s largest projects. Richard represents clients on both non-contentious and contentious aspects of construction and infrastructure projects. Richard represents clients from all sides of the industry, including local authority and public sector. Before qualifying as a lawyer, Richard’s background was in civil engineering. Richard is also a key member of our renewable energy and cleantech team, where he has advised in relation to renewable energy projects including on and off-shore wind, PV/solar, AD/biomass and waste to energy.
Trained Ellisons, Colchester; qualified 1991; partner Manches 2013.
Penningtons Manches Cooper LLP works with local authorities, property developers and contractors, and is praised for ‘really taking the time to get to know their clients’. The team advises on mixed-use and private rented sector developments, student accommodation and hotels. ‘Clear communicator’ Richard Cooke has a background in civil engineering, while Francis Ho, who has ‘first-rate knowledge of the industry’ has expertise in a range of non-contentious matters covering construction, infrastructure and projects.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: mid-market
- Dispute resolution > Commodities disputes
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Private client > Court of protection
- Employment > Employee/unions
- Private client > Family
- Employment > Senior executives
- Insurance > Clinical negligence: claimant
- Public sector > Education: institutions
- Insurance > Personal injury: claimant
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Reputation management
- Transport > Shipping
- Corporate and commercial > Venture capital
- Insurance > Product liability: defendant
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Dispute resolution > Banking litigation: investment and retail
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Real estate > Construction: non-contentious
- Public sector > Education: schools
- Employment > Employers
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property: trade marks, copyright and design
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Real estate > Social housing: local authorities and registered providers
- Employment > Immigration
- Transport > Travel