Martin Codd > Penningtons Manches Cooper LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Penningtons Manches Cooper LLP Offices
125 WOOD STREET
- Go to...
Real estate, property entrepreneurs.
Partner with more than 30 years’ experience specialising in commercial and residential property in prime central London primarily for high-net-worth individuals and family offices. Main specialisation is in investment (both residential and commercial) and enfranchisement of flats and houses within London. Acts for various private limited property companies and investors, particularly property traders. Also advises on SDLT as well as complicated enfranchisement claims and landlord and tenant matters for both landlords and tenants.
Trained Watts Vallance; qualified 1989; solicitor Binks Stern 1989-94; solicitor Morgan Bruce 1994-96; partner Morgan Bruce 1996-98; partner Morgan Cole 1998-2000; equity partner Morgan Cole 2000-03; partner Dawsons 2003; managing partner 2010-11; partner Penningtons Solicitors LLP 2011. Director of various residents’ management companies. Author of various articles in ‘New Law Journal’, ‘Solicitors Journal’, ‘Insolvency Intelligence’, ‘Property Law Journal’ and ‘Estates Gazette’.
Westminster and Holborn Law Society, Association of Leasehold Practitioners (ALEP).
Ravensbourne School for Boys 1975-82; City of London Polytechnic (now London Metropolitan University) (1985 LLB (Hons) Business Law 2(1)); College of Law (1986 Law Society Finals).
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: mid-market
- Dispute resolution > Commodities disputes
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Private client > Court of protection
- Employment > Employees/unions
- Private client > Family
- Employment > Immigration
- Corporate and commercial > M&A: smaller deals, up to £50m
- Transport > Travel
- Insurance > Clinical negligence: claimant
- Public sector > Education: institutions
- Insurance > Personal injury: claimant
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Reputation management
- Employment > Senior executives
- Transport > Shipping
- Finance > Trade finance
- Real estate > Construction: non-contentious
- Public sector > Education: schools
- Corporate and commercial > Equity capital markets – small-mid cap
- Insurance > Product liability: defendant
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Real estate > Social housing: local authorities and registered providers
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Corporate and commercial > Venture capital
- Dispute resolution > Banking litigation: investment and retail
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Real estate > Commercial property: development
- Real estate > Commercial property: investment
- Real estate > Construction: contentious
- Employment > Employers
- Insurance > Insurance and reinsurance litigation
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property: trade marks, copyright and design
- Real estate > Property litigation