Elizabeth Carson > Penningtons Manches Cooper LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Penningtons Manches Cooper LLP Offices
125 WOOD STREET
- Go to...
Family law, private wealth
Partner with experience in all aspects of family law, and particularly in cases with an international dimension. She often advises clients on complex financial disputes where there are assets in multiple jurisdictions, including offshore trusts.
She also represents parents in disputes concerning children, involving issues such as how much time the children should spend with their parents, their health and education, as well as where they should live. She has extensive experience in cases involving the international relocation of children.
She works closely with colleagues in the private wealth sector to advise high net worth individuals on all aspects of wealth protection, including cohabitation and nuptial agreements, and financial provision for children.
Admitted as an attorney in New York in 2003. She practised as a commercial litigator in New York and Paris before qualifying as a solicitor in 2006. Since then she has worked exclusively as a family lawyer.
Graduated from Harvard Law School in 2002.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: mid-market
- Dispute resolution > Commodities disputes
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Private client > Court of protection
- Employment > Employees/unions
- Private client > Family
- Corporate and commercial > M&A: smaller deals, up to £50m
- Employment > Senior executives
- Insurance > Clinical negligence: claimant
- Public sector > Education: institutions
- Insurance > Personal injury: claimant
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Reputation management
- Transport > Shipping
- Public sector > Education: schools
- Corporate and commercial > Equity capital markets – small-mid cap
- Insurance > Product liability: defendant
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Corporate and commercial > Venture capital
- Dispute resolution > Banking litigation: investment and retail
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Real estate > Commercial property: development
- Real estate > Commercial property: investment
- Real estate > Construction: non-contentious
- Employment > Employers
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property: trade marks, copyright and design
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Employment > Immigration
- Transport > Travel