Louise High > Penningtons Manches Cooper LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Penningtons Manches Cooper LLP Offices
125 WOOD STREET
- Go to...
Aviation, marine, insurance and reinsurance
Louise is an associate director working across aviation, marine and insurance matters, based in the London office. She specialises in reinsurance and insurance litigation and commercial disputes as well as contentious and non-contentious matters working primarily on complex, high value and multi-jurisdictional disputes.
Louise acts for insurers and reinsurers as well as financial institutions in the UK and European market. Her main area of expertise is within the aviation and aerospace industry acting on coverage disputes, maintenance agreements and leasing agreements. She regularly deals with matters including foreign jurisdictions, foreign law, policy disputes and contractual disputes.
She has experience of litigation stretching from county courts to the Court of Appeal and has managed high value arbitrations in London with elements of domestic and international law. Louise has also acted for a large multinational corporation in the criminal courts in relation to the Dangerous Goods Regulations and carriage by air.
Called to the Bar in 2003; in house counsel 2004 – 2006; associate at leading aviation firm – 2007 – 2019; joined Penningtons Manches Cooper as an associate director in 2019.
A member of the Chartered Insurance Institute, Louise regularly attends seminars and conferences on aviation and aerospace, marine, insurance and travel law.
LLB University of Westminster with transfer to Sydney University – 2:1 (2002); Inns of Court School of Law – Bar Vocational Course – Very Competent (2003)
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: mid-market
- Dispute resolution > Commodities disputes
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Private client > Court of protection
- Employment > Employees/unions
- Private client > Family
- Employment > Immigration
- Corporate and commercial > M&A: smaller deals, up to £50m
- Transport > Travel
- Insurance > Clinical negligence: claimant
- Public sector > Education: institutions
- Insurance > Personal injury: claimant
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Reputation management
- Employment > Senior executives
- Transport > Shipping
- Finance > Trade finance
- Real estate > Construction: non-contentious
- Public sector > Education: schools
- Corporate and commercial > Equity capital markets – small-mid cap
- Insurance > Product liability: defendant
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Real estate > Social housing: local authorities and registered providers
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Corporate and commercial > Venture capital
- Dispute resolution > Banking litigation: investment and retail
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Real estate > Commercial property: development
- Real estate > Commercial property: investment
- Real estate > Construction: contentious
- Employment > Employers
- Insurance > Insurance and reinsurance litigation
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property: trade marks, copyright and design
- Real estate > Property litigation