Lora Froud > Macfarlanes LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Macfarlanes LLP Offices
20 CURSITOR STREET
- Go to...
Financial Services and Products
Lora advises clients on the structuring and operation of onshore and offshore investment funds, both regulated and unregulated, and also advises on all legal aspects of asset management. She specialises in regulated funds.
Her clients include operators, asset managers, depositaries and custodians of investment funds. Advice is wide ranging and incorporates restructurings and reorganisations, outsourcing and hosting arrangements, investment management agreements, depositary agreements and platform and distribution arrangements.
In addition she regularly assists clients with related EU
and UK regulatory and compliance matters. She has particular experience in advising on the UCITS regime, AIFMD, MiFID and ESG developments.
Lora is an active participant in Investment Association initiatives and was heavily involved in advising the FCA and the IA on the regulatory framework for the Long Term Asset Fund. She is also on the Alternative Investment Management Association working groups in relation to UCITS, AIFMD and Liquid Alternatives and is on the IBA’s Investment Funds Committee.
Lora is ranked as a leading individual in the retail funds space by a leading legal directory, The UK Legal 500, and is listed in The Lawyers Hot 100 2020.
Qualified 2005; partner 2015
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
The team at Macfarlanes LLP covers the full range of fund-related matters, advising fund managers on the establishment and structure of their products. The firm also offers assistance with regulatory issues, having worked alongside the Investment Association (IA) and helped the FCA with its post-Brexit funds regime. Lora Froud is the lead partner for open-ended funds; she active in the regulated retail funds space, where she advises clients on UCITS funds and matters pertaining to ESG, AIFMD and MiFID. Senior counsel Alexandra Cochrane advises asset managers and authorised corporate directors on regulated funds matters, including mergers, terminations and rationalisations.
- Leading individuals - London > Investment fund formation and management > Retail funds
- Retail funds - London > Investment fund formation and management
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Private equity: transactions - mid-market deals (up to £250m)
- Investment fund formation and management > Retail funds
- Real estate > Commercial property: development
- Real estate > Commercial property: investment
- Dispute resolution > Competition litigation
- Employment > Employee share schemes
- Corporate and commercial > Financial services: contentious
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Fraud: civil
- Investment fund formation and management > Fund finance
- Risk advisory > Regulatory investigations and corporate crime (advice to corporates)
- Dispute resolution > Tax litigation and investigations
- Finance > Acquisition finance
- Dispute resolution > Banking litigation: investment and retail
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: premium
- Real estate > Commercial property: corporate occupiers
- Real estate > Construction: contentious
- Real estate > Construction: non-contentious
- Finance > Derivatives and structured products
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Fraud: white-collar crime (advice to individuals)
- Investment fund formation and management > Hedge funds
- Corporate and commercial > M&A: upper mid-market and premium deals, £500m+
- Employment > Pensions (non-contentious)
- Investment fund formation and management > Private funds
- Real estate > Property finance
- Investment fund formation and management > Real estate funds
- Real estate > Residential property
- Corporate and commercial > VAT and indirect tax
- Finance > Bank lending: investment grade debt and syndicated loans
- Finance > Corporate restructuring & insolvency
- Employment > Employers
- Real estate > Environment
- Corporate and commercial > Equity capital markets – small-mid cap
- Corporate and commercial > Partnership
- Finance > Securitisation
- Corporate and commercial > Financial services: non-contentious/regulatory
- Employment > Immigration
- Corporate and commercial > Private equity: transactions – high-value deals (£250m+)