Jessica Adam > Macfarlanes LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Macfarlanes LLP Offices
20 CURSITOR STREET
- Go to...
Corporate and M&A
Jessica works for a range of clients from private equity houses and asset managers to large corporate groups.
Jessica is a corporate and M&A lawyer focusing on private equity and private M&A.
As well as acting for private equity sponsors, Jessica heads up the management team advisory practice. Alongside her private equity practice, she advises key corporate clients on a range of matters including private M&A and complex group reorganisations.
Jessica also has considerable experience of acting for clients in the professional services sector, particularly in the context of law firm mergers.
Jessica has featured in recent press articles such as The Lawyer’s “Female Private Equity Stars” and Legal Business’s “Female Deal Stars”.
Jessica is a partner champion of our Balance network, a forum for all staff managing careers and home lives, enabling discussion, support and the exchange of the information and ideas, to achieve a work-life balance.
Qualified 2010; partner 2013
At Macfarlanes LLP Jessica Adam heads the team with Hayley Robinson advising on related employment matters. The team advises on various corporate matters and partnership exits or mergers in addition to related commercial issues. Mark Baldwin advises on tax and reward issues, often assisting clients in the legal and financial services sectors on partner remuneration and disputes with HMRC.
Offering clients ‘excellent service’ and a ‘partner-led approach’, Macfarlanes LLP has a broad private equity practice encompassing buyouts, portfolio company M&A and advising management teams on exits to private equity and management equity plans. The group, led by Alex Edmondson, draws on its experience in this space to handle complex transactions, such as public-to-private carveouts. Other key figures in the team include Jessica Adam, who often takes the lead representing management teams, Stephen Drewitt, Stephen Pike and Justin Hope. Alex Green is also praised as a ‘trusted adviser’.
In addition to its work on high-value deals, Macfarlanes LLP remains one of the most active names in the mid-market private equity space, where it advises buyout houses across the lifecycle of investments. The group’s work in 2021 included advising on carve-out acquisitions from public companies as well as handling portfolio company M&A and assisting management teams on sales to PE. Alex Edmondson heads up the team and focuses on acting for sponsors in buyouts, while Jessica Adam has recently been engaged on a string of mandates from management teams. Other partners to note include Stephen Drewitt, who has deep experience in this space, Justin Hope and Stephen Pike.
- Private equity: transactions - mid-market deals (up to £250m) - London > Corporate and commercial
- Partnership - London > Corporate and commercial
- Private equity: transactions – high-value deals (£250m+) - London > Corporate and commercial
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Private equity: transactions - mid-market deals (up to £250m)
- Investment fund formation and management > Retail funds
- Real estate > Commercial property: development
- Real estate > Commercial property: investment
- Dispute resolution > Competition litigation
- Employment > Employee share schemes
- Corporate and commercial > Financial services: contentious
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Fraud: civil
- Investment fund formation and management > Fund finance
- Risk advisory > Regulatory investigations and corporate crime (advice to corporates)
- Dispute resolution > Tax litigation and investigations
- Finance > Acquisition finance
- Dispute resolution > Banking litigation: investment and retail
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: premium
- Real estate > Commercial property: corporate occupiers
- Real estate > Construction: contentious
- Real estate > Construction: non-contentious
- Finance > Derivatives and structured products
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Fraud: white-collar crime (advice to individuals)
- Investment fund formation and management > Hedge funds
- Corporate and commercial > M&A: upper mid-market and premium deals, £500m+
- Employment > Pensions (non-contentious)
- Investment fund formation and management > Private funds
- Real estate > Property finance
- Investment fund formation and management > Real estate funds
- Real estate > Residential property
- Corporate and commercial > VAT and indirect tax
- Finance > Bank lending: investment grade debt and syndicated loans
- Finance > Corporate restructuring & insolvency
- Employment > Employers
- Real estate > Environment
- Corporate and commercial > Equity capital markets – small-mid cap
- Corporate and commercial > Partnership
- Finance > Securitisation
- Corporate and commercial > Financial services: non-contentious/regulatory
- Employment > Immigration
- Corporate and commercial > Private equity: transactions – high-value deals (£250m+)