Charlie Maydon Grace > Macfarlanes LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Macfarlanes LLP Offices
20 CURSITOR STREET
- Go to...
Charlie Maydon Grace
Charlie advises both UK resident and non-UK resident/domiciled individuals, families, trustees and family offices on a wide variety of tax, trust law and international estate planning issues.
She also works on high-value trust litigation matters and HMRC investigations.
Charlie was seconded to a leading law firm in Bermuda, where she worked on various trust and litigation matters, often with a US focus.
She gave a presentation at the 2019 Transcontinental Trusts: International Forum on economic substance and presented at the Private Client Global Elite Rising Leaders Forum in 2021.
Charlie has been selected as a Rising Leader in the Private Client Global Elite Directory 2022/23, a peer-nominated list of the world’s most respected lawyers advising ultra-high-net-worth clients.
Trained Macfarlanes 2011; qualified 2013; partner 2022
With the ‘simply excellent’ team at Macfarlanes LLP ‘there can be few teams of lawyers anywhere in the world that has greater capacity to deal with personal tax, trusts and probate matters than this team‘. It is led by Piers Barclay and is very well equipped to handle all types of complex situations for its ultra-high-net-worth clients with assets, business interests and families across multiple jurisdictions. Barclay has a significant number of US, Middle Eastern and Greek clients. Key areas of focus include advising executives in the fund management industry on structuring their remuneration as well as designing new trusts to suit the needs of settlors and beneficiaries. There have been changes to the team at a senior level. Isobel Morton has left the firm while Jonathan Conder has recently moved to Stephenson Harwood. Charlie Maydon Grace has been promoted to partnership.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Private equity: transactions - mid-market deals (up to £250m)
- Investment fund formation and management > Retail funds
- Real estate > Commercial property: development
- Real estate > Commercial property: investment
- Dispute resolution > Competition litigation
- Employment > Employee share schemes
- Corporate and commercial > Financial services: contentious
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Fraud: civil
- Investment fund formation and management > Fund finance
- Risk advisory > Regulatory investigations and corporate crime (advice to corporates)
- Dispute resolution > Tax litigation and investigations
- Finance > Acquisition finance
- Dispute resolution > Banking litigation: investment and retail
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: premium
- Real estate > Commercial property: corporate occupiers
- Real estate > Construction: contentious
- Real estate > Construction: non-contentious
- Finance > Derivatives and structured products
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Fraud: white-collar crime (advice to individuals)
- Investment fund formation and management > Hedge funds
- Corporate and commercial > M&A: upper mid-market and premium deals, £500m+
- Employment > Pensions (non-contentious)
- Investment fund formation and management > Private funds
- Real estate > Property finance
- Investment fund formation and management > Real estate funds
- Real estate > Residential property
- Corporate and commercial > VAT and indirect tax
- Finance > Bank lending: investment grade debt and syndicated loans
- Finance > Corporate restructuring & insolvency
- Employment > Employers
- Real estate > Environment
- Corporate and commercial > Equity capital markets – small-mid cap
- Corporate and commercial > Partnership
- Finance > Securitisation
- Corporate and commercial > Financial services: non-contentious/regulatory
- Employment > Immigration
- Corporate and commercial > Private equity: transactions – high-value deals (£250m+)