Gregory Price > Macfarlanes LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Macfarlanes LLP Offices
20 CURSITOR STREET
- Go to...
Tax and Reward
Greg’s practice focuses on tax consultancy, providing tax advice to UK and international clients.
Greg has a particular interest in group and international tax matters, for example in the efficient structuring of mergers and demergers as well as group reorganisations.
Greg’s work with major corporate clients includes advising on a wide range of corporate and financing transactions, in particular, public and private acquisitions, group reorganisations and raising funds in the debt and equity capital markets. Much of this work has a cross-border dimension.
Greg also works closely with our private client group, advising on tax issues for family offices and for large businesses that are in private ownership.
Greg has advised on a number of high value tax investigations and disputes, including bringing appeals to the Tribunal.
Greg is a member of the Law Society’s Tax Law Committee.
Macfarlanes LLP‘s ‘superbly knowledgeable, technical, solution oriented’ team has expertise in M&A, fund formation, and all areas of tax structuring. The department is active on both domestic and international matters, advising global clients on high value matters. Team lead Damien Crossley specialises in private equity and investment management, and is a published thought leader in tax law. Ashley Greenbank is well known in the field, with an aptitude for cross-border transactions and group tax planning, while Mark Baldwin focuses on collective investment vehicles, particularly international private equity and real estate funds. Ceinwen Rees’ practice is centred on tax structuring, and James McCredie specialises in advising fund managers across all relevant tax issues. Jeremy Moncrieff has significant experience in complex M&A. Other key names include Gregory Price and Alicia Thomas. Sophie Donnithorpe-Tait joined in mid-2022 from Akin Gump LLP, where she was department head.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Private equity: transactions - mid-market deals (up to £250m)
- Investment fund formation and management > Retail funds
- Real estate > Commercial property: development
- Real estate > Commercial property: investment
- Dispute resolution > Competition litigation
- Employment > Employee share schemes
- Corporate and commercial > Financial services: contentious
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Fraud: civil
- Investment fund formation and management > Fund finance
- Risk advisory > Regulatory investigations and corporate crime (advice to corporates)
- Dispute resolution > Tax litigation and investigations
- Finance > Acquisition finance
- Dispute resolution > Banking litigation: investment and retail
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: premium
- Real estate > Commercial property: corporate occupiers
- Real estate > Construction: contentious
- Real estate > Construction: non-contentious
- Finance > Derivatives and structured products
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Fraud: white-collar crime (advice to individuals)
- Investment fund formation and management > Hedge funds
- Corporate and commercial > M&A: upper mid-market and premium deals, £500m+
- Employment > Pensions (non-contentious)
- Investment fund formation and management > Private funds
- Real estate > Property finance
- Investment fund formation and management > Real estate funds
- Real estate > Residential property
- Corporate and commercial > VAT and indirect tax
- Finance > Bank lending: investment grade debt and syndicated loans
- Finance > Corporate restructuring & insolvency
- Employment > Employers
- Real estate > Environment
- Corporate and commercial > Equity capital markets – small-mid cap
- Corporate and commercial > Partnership
- Finance > Securitisation
- Corporate and commercial > Financial services: non-contentious/regulatory
- Employment > Immigration
- Corporate and commercial > Private equity: transactions – high-value deals (£250m+)