Ms Carole McAlpine-Scott > MacRoberts LLP > Glasgow, Scotland > Lawyer Profile
MacRoberts LLP Offices
60 YORK STREET
- Go to...
Ms Carole McAlpine-Scott
Carole specialises in will drafting, tax planning and executry administration, with particular emphasis on the tax efficient structuring of assets. She acts as an executrix, trustee and adviser to a wide range of individuals, trusts, charities and family businesses and specialises in simple and complex trust arrangements, particularly those for family members requiring special protection.
Carole frequently deals with matters of family conflict and represents the interests of those with inheritance claims. She has significant experience of providing guidance on powers of attorney, guardianships, asset protection, tax planning, long-term care and looking after the affairs of the elderly.
Carole is a member of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners and frequently lectures on inheritance tax planning.
The Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP)
University of Glasgow
Bachelor of Laws (LLB)
Scotland > Private client > Personal tax, trusts and executries
The personal tax team at MacRoberts LLP works alongside the firm’s corporate team to advise executors on estate administrations and negotiate with HMRC in respect of claims for agricultural property relief and business property relief, while also representing trustees in a wide range of areas including updating trust deeds and transferring assets into charitable trusts. The practice also prepares a high volume of tax-efficient wills, predominantly for a wills writing company in Scotland, and manages guardianship orders, powers of attorney and personal injury trusts. The team is headed up by ‘exceptional legal mind’ Carole McAlpine-Scott.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation
- Real estate > Commercial property: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Real estate > Environment
- Private client > Family
- Public sector > Health
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Public sector > Local government
- Human resources > Pensions
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Real estate > Commercial property: elsewhere in Scotland
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Public sector > Education
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and executries
- Real estate > Planning
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Human resources > Employment
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy (excluding oil and gas)
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery