Mr John McGovern > MacRoberts LLP > Glasgow, Scotland > Lawyer Profile
MacRoberts LLP Offices
60 YORK STREET
- Go to...
Mr John McGovern
John is a Criminal Solicitor Advocate with over 25 years’ experience in criminal litigation and heads up our Corporate Defence team. He specialises in the defence of corporate criminal prosecutions raised in Scotland by the Crown Office and Procurator Fiscal Service.
John advises on, prepares and presents the defence of prosecutions brought against his clients following investigations by Police Scotland (Economic Crime Unit), the Financial Conduct Authority, the Health and Safety Executive, the Scottish Environmental Protection Agency, the Food Standards Agency, Forestry Commission, HMRC and DVSA, among other regulatory bodies. He will defend clients from the initial point of contact with investigators through to the conclusion of any hearing at court.
John was named as Lawyer of the Year at the Scottish Legal Awards 2016, where the judges noted he “has had a terrific year establishing a new team and building an excellent reputation in the market while making very good progress for clients in a sensitive area of work”.
John is a Solicitor Advocate and former President of the Glasgow Bar Association. He tutors in Advanced Criminal Litigation at the University of Glasgow. He is also a member of the White Collar Crime Committee of the American Bar Association.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation
- Real estate > Commercial property: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Real estate > Environment
- Private client > Family
- Public sector > Health
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Public sector > Local government
- Human resources > Pensions
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Real estate > Commercial property: elsewhere in Scotland
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Public sector > Education
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and executries
- Real estate > Planning
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Human resources > Employment
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy (excluding oil and gas)
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery