Ms Jacqueline Stroud > MacRoberts LLP > Edinburgh, Scotland > Lawyer Profile
MacRoberts LLP Offices
30 SEMPLE STREET
- Go to...
Ms Jacqueline Stroud
Jacqueline has specialised in family law for 25 years and has vast experience in dealing with difficult family law disputes, and has acted in divorce cases where the assets run to tens of millions of pounds, as well as advising in relation to smaller value cases where equally complex issues arise.
Jacqueline acted in the first arbitration in Scotland in relation to an issue regarding the payment of private school fees. Throughout her legal career she has always had a particular interest in child law, and she has also advised in relation to a number of high value pre-nuptial agreements.
Jacqueline is known for her constructive and pragmatic approach, and recognises that in most cases a negotiated settlement best serves the interest of her client; however, in circumstances where court proceedings are unavoidable, she is an experienced and tenacious litigator. She has a caring and compassionate approach in what can be the most stressful and difficult of times for clients.
Family Law Association
University of Aberdeen
Bachelor of Laws (LLB), Law
Scotland > Private client > FamilyWithin: Leading individuals -
MacRoberts LLP‘s thriving family law practice is frequently instructed in multi-jurisdictional cases relating to child abductions, relocation proceedings and financial provision upon divorce, often involving high net worth clients. The team, which is led by ‘gifted family mediator’ Jacqueline Stroud, has further expertise pursuing uncontested and contested adoption applications, advising on the drafting of prenuptial agreements, and acting in child contact cases. The ‘outstanding‘ Marika Franceschi handles a wide range of matters for international clients, from asset division following separation to advising on ante-nuptial contracts.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation
- Real estate > Commercial property: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Real estate > Environment
- Private client > Family
- Public sector > Health
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Public sector > Local government
- Human resources > Pensions
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Real estate > Commercial property: elsewhere in Scotland
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Public sector > Education
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and executries
- Real estate > Planning
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Human resources > Employment
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy (excluding oil and gas)
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery