Dr Martin Sales > MacRoberts LLP > Edinburgh, Scotland > Lawyer Profile
MacRoberts LLP Offices
30 SEMPLE STREET
- Go to...
Dr Martin Sales
Martin has over twenty years’ experience of major projects requiring formal Environmental Impact Assessment as part of a planning application, many in the energy, minerals and waste sectors.
He is widely recognised by clients, peers and by the Law Society as a leading practitioner in many areas of planning. He has established an enviable reputation, particularly in energy, minerals, waste, and the built heritage.
Together with his experience of key environmental law issues, this enables him to provide specialist advice and advocacy on a range of planning and regulatory matters, including complex applications for or inquiries into major developments in rural, urban and environmentally sensitive areas. His experience of planning and related inquiries is second-to-none, having represented developers and planning authorities in more than 60 inquiries over some 20 years, including some of Scotland’s longest and most contentious public local inquiries. He appears with and against Senior Counsel.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation
- Real estate > Commercial property: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Real estate > Environment
- Private client > Family
- Public sector > Health
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Public sector > Local government
- Human resources > Pensions
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Real estate > Commercial property: elsewhere in Scotland
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Public sector > Education
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and executries
- Real estate > Planning
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Human resources > Employment
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy (excluding oil and gas)
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery