Trish D'Souza > Capital Law Limited > Cardiff, Wales > Lawyer Profile
Capital Law Limited Offices
- Go to...
Trish is a Senior Associate in our Public Law and Regulatory team. She regularly advises regulators and public bodies on lawfully exercising their powers and decision-making processes. She also has significant experience as a legal advisor at Fitness to Practise hearings.
Trish works with local authorities, government departments, banking organisations and commercial organisations like higher education bodies, further education corporations and Academy Trusts. She’s acted in several high-profile judicial review claims: challenging government consultation processes, the withdrawal of sponsorship.
Trish also acts for large further and higher education bodies on a range of student or funding disputes, inspection challenges and apprentice/subcontracting claims. She also undertakes Fitness to Practice work, advising misconduct panels convened on behalf of regulators in the Education and Gambling sectors.
Trish has a keen interest in special educational or additional learning needs, and has appeared as an expert contributor on Local Government CPD training videos for Legal Network Television (University of Law).
- Senior Associate, Capital Law Limited (Sep 2018 to date)
- Senior Associate, Eversheds Sutherland (International) LLP (Oct 2007 – Aug 2018)
- Trainee Solicitor, Fisher Meredith LLP (Sep 2005 – Aug 2007)
- Paralegal, Turpin & Miller Solicitors (Oct 2002 – Aug 2004)
The Law Society of England and Wales
Chair of BAME Committee, Cardiff and District Law Society
- Eversheds Sutherland: Certificate in Litigation (2008)
- College of Law Guildford: LPC (2004 – 2005)
- College of Law Guildford: Postgraduate Diploma in Law (2001 – 2002)
- University of Wales, Swansea: BA Classics (1997 – 2000)
Lawyer Rankings(Rising stars)
The ‘extremely cohesive, efficient and well organised’ multidisciplinary team at Capital Law Limited is ‘fantastically knowledgeable‘ in the space, as was recently underscored by its impressive showing across a multitude of lots on the NPS. The undoubted ‘star player‘, however, remains team head Nicola Mead-Batten who has ‘the right blend of technical expertise and client facing skills’ and is according to one client: ‘probably the best public law solicitor in England and Wales at the moment’. This expertise manifests itself in a range of ways, including in relation to freedom of information requests and judicial review matters. ‘Extremely efficient and organised‘ senior associate Trish D’Souza is also a key member of the team, particularly as a result of her ‘excellent knowledge of higher education in the public sector’.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation
- Corporate and commercial
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Employment > Employment: Recommended Firms
- Employment > Immigration
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Public sector
- Real estate > Commercial property
- Real estate > Construction
- Real estate > Social housing