Jon Ely > Capital Law Limited > Cardiff, Wales > Lawyer Profile
Capital Law Limited Offices
- Go to...
Jon is a Partner in our Commercial Property team. He is an experienced commercial property lawyer offering practical, commercial advice.
He advises on a broad range of real estate deals and projects, for which technical skill, team management and a commercially minded approach are key to providing excellent service.
Jon’s clients include property investors, developers, financiers and public sector bodies. He is able to offer advice on a broad range of property deals and projects as well as portfolio management. Jon supports many non-real estate businesses, including major UK businesses, in connection with their business space requirements.
Jon acts for developers, investors, financiers and occupiers, and has advised major UK, US and Europe based real estate and non-real estate sector businesses and leaders in the education, retail, media, healthcare, IT and creative industries sectors.
- Partner, Capital Law Limited (Dec 2016 – present)
- Head of Cardiff Real Estate, Lewis Silkin (2013 – 2016)
- Lawyer, Lewis Silkin London (2000 – 2013)
The Law Society of England and Wales
- College of Law: LPC
- Brunel University: LLB, Law
Lawyer Rankings(Next Generation Partners)
Capital Law Limited punches above its weight, by virtue of its ‘entrepreneurial approach‘ and the ‘commercially astute‘ advice it is able to provide for a balanced mix of stakeholders, which seamlessly integrates expertise from complementary practice areas, should the need arise. Team head Leanne O’Brien epitomises this approach (including as it relates to some novel energy efficient housing projects) and as well as effectively utilising internal resources at the firm, is also very adept at providing a ‘value added service‘ to clients, by virtue of her excellent ties with external property professionals, including planning consultants and innovative funding specialists. Although historically the firm is better-known for private sector-related work, its recent appointment to the NPS commercial property lot is expected to elicit a significant amount of public sector instructions going forward. An ‘all-round gifted lawyer‘, Jon Ely is an ‘innovative problem solver’, who is particularly appreciated for his expertise at handling high-value business space lettings.
- Next Generation Partners - Wales > Real estate > Commercial property
- Commercial property - Wales > Real estate
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation
- Corporate and commercial
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Employment > Employment: Recommended Firms
- Employment > Immigration
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Public sector
- Real estate > Commercial property
- Real estate > Construction
- Real estate > Social housing