Stephen Meade > Capital Law Limited > Cardiff, Wales > Lawyer Profile
Capital Law Limited Offices
- Go to...
Stephen leads the Commercial Disputes team. He handles all types of commercial and corporate disputes and a significant part of his practice focuses on dispute avoidance.
Stephen has significant experience of acting on behalf of major corporates, corporate trustees and SMEs. His recent clients include the British Medical Association, Insure and Go Insurance and Hartley Pensions. He has acted in a number of high profile matters that have attracted a high level of public interest, including a judicial review challenging the decision of the Secretary of State for Health to impose a new contract for junior doctors
With particular expertise in contentious property work, Stephen acts for owners, landlords, tenants and developers.
Stephen also undertakes varied professional negligence work, including claims in the legal, construction and financial sectors.
“Excellent litigator, excels at the technical, highly intelligent with a real ability to absorb the complex factual issues that arise in a healthcare setting. He won a landmark case for the BMA in 2015.”
Gareth Williams, Senior Solicitor, British Medical Association
- Partner, Capital Law Limited (2016 – present)
- Associate, Capital Law LLP (2013 – 2016)
- Associate Solicitor, George Green LLP (Feb 2007 – Dec 2012)
The Law Society of England and Wales
- BPP Law School: Bar Vocational Course (2003 – 2004)
- The College of Law, Guildford: Postgraduate Diploma in Law (2002 – 2003)
- University of Exeter: Bachelor of Science (1993 – 1996)
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
Noted for its flexible approach to fees, which includes access to the firm’s own litigation fund, the ‘high-quality‘ team at Capital Law Limited provides ‘good value for money’ to a myriad public and private sector clients across a wide array of litigation. ‘Calm, authoritative and methodical‘ team head Stephen Meade is at the forefront of the most significant work handled by the team, including a high-profile challenge by the BMA relating to unilateral service charges levid on government-owned GP surgeries and many businesses in Covid-related Business Interruption Insurance claims. ‘A strategic thinker’, Andrew Brown launched Capital Dispute Finance (the aforementioned litigation fund) and as part of his broad practice regularly represents private sector clients accessing the fund. Praised for ‘outstanding practical and strategic judgement‘, Nicola Mead-Batten excels in public law-related litigation, including judicial reviews. Philip Jones has an excellent perspective across a range of corporate and finance litigation, including derivative claims and shareholder disputes. Guto Llewellyn is also recommended.
Combining its strong overarching dispute resolution expertise with specific property sector knowledge, Capital Law Limited regularly represents owners, landlords, tenants and developers, both in litigation, as well as from a crisis management perspective. Although it is active across a range of industry sectors, the firm is particularly well regarded for its work in the healthcare industry, an area that ‘excellent‘ team head Stephen Meade is particularly well-known.
- Commercial litigation - Wales > Dispute resolution
- Leading individuals - Wales > Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation
- Property litigation - Wales > Real estate
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation
- Corporate and commercial
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Employment > Employment: Recommended Firms
- Employment > Immigration
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Public sector
- Real estate > Commercial property
- Real estate > Construction
- Real estate > Social housing