Phillippa Ellis > Capital Law Limited > Cardiff, Wales > Lawyer Profile
Capital Law Limited Offices
- Go to...
Business Crime and Investigations
Phillippa is a Senior Associate in our Commercial Disputes team and leads our business crime and investigations practice.
She works closely with clients to understand their business objectives and individual needs. Alongside colleagues from across the firm, she helps clients to develop strategies for identifying and managing risks associated with business crime and regulatory issues.
Phillippa joins us from the Serious Fraud Office (SFO) where she gained significant experience in financial and economic crime. She has worked alongside domestic and overseas agencies including the US Department of Justice and the Financial Conduct Authority.
Phillippa has led teams investigating corporates and individuals suspected of large scale, complex fraud and bribery & corruption often involving multiple jurisdictions and was part of the team investigating benchmark manipulation.
Prior to joining the SFO, Phillippa specialised in criminal law with experience of working as both a solicitor and a barrister.
- Senior Associate, Capital Law Limited (Mar 2021 – present)
- Case Controller, Serious Fraud Office (Aug 2018 – Feb 2021)
- Lawyer, Serious Fraud Office (May 2015 – Aug 2018)
- Barrister, 33 Bedford Row (Dec 2013 – May 2015)
- Barrister, Solicitor, Paralegal, Noble Solicitors (Jul 2001 – Dec 2013)
- The General Council of the Bar
- Women in Criminal Law
- Society of Asian Lawyers
- BPP Law School: Bar Vocational Course (2006 – 2008)
- BPP Law School: GDL (2004 – 2006)
- Brunel University: BA in English Lit and Drama (200 – 2003)
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation
- Corporate and commercial
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Employment > Employment: Recommended Firms
- Employment > Immigration
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Public sector
- Real estate > Commercial property
- Real estate > Construction
- Real estate > Social housing