Catrin Povey > Capital Law Limited > Cardiff, Wales > Lawyer Profile
Capital Law Limited Offices
- Go to...
Catrin is an Insurance Associate in our Financial Services department.
Catrin deals with both contentious and non-contentious work for a range of clients, from traditional insurers, UK regulatory bodies to start-up InsurTechs.
She deals with insurance claims, such as third-party recovery and liability claims, as well as coverage disputes, covering Commercial Property, Public & Product Liability, Specialty, Professional Indemnity, D&O, and Financial Institutions. She also acts for clients with general commercial disputes, and deals with professional negligence and breach of contract claims.
Catrin has experience of dealing with claims in different jurisdictions, such as Monaco, Northern Ireland, the Republic of Ireland, Scotland and the Channel Islands.
Her work also includes providing non-contentious commercial advice to clients. She drafts and negotiates contracts, and terms of business.
An Italian speaker, Catrin heads up Capital Law’s Italian desk, dealing with international law queries.
- Associate, Capital Law Limited (May 2021 – present)
- Solicitor, Capital Law Limited (2019 – Apr 2021)
- Trainee Solicitor/Solicitor, BC Legal Limited (2013 – 2019)
- Paralegal, BLM (2012 – 2013)
The Law Society of England and Wales
Member of Insurance & Reinsrance Legacy Association Limited
- University of the West of England, Bristol: LPC (2010 – 2011)
- University of the West of England, Bristol: GDL (2009 – 2010)
- Università degli Studi di Milano and Université Bordeaux III: Eramus (2007 – 2008)
- University of Bristol: BA (Hons) in French and Italian (2005 – 2009)
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation
- Corporate and commercial
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Employment > Employment: Recommended Firms
- Employment > Immigration
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Public sector
- Real estate > Commercial property
- Real estate > Construction
- Real estate > Social housing