Jonathan Cripwell > Lupton Fawcett > York, England > Lawyer Profile
Lupton Fawcett Offices
- Go to...
Jonathan is a partner at Lupton Fawcett having originally joined Denison Till in 1989 from completing articles in Leeds. Recognised in The Legal 500 as a litigator, Jonathan has over 20 years’ experience in the dispute resolution field. Jonathan has acted in a wide range of both commercial and private client litigation acquiring considerable practical experience which, combined with a commercial approach, has demonstrated a proven track record of successfully litigated and mediated cases. Jonathan also has extensive experience in the defence of regulatory enforcement/prosecutions brought by government departments helping clients through complex legislation, compliance issues and the risk management process.
Yorkshire and the Humber > Crime, fraud and licensing > Crime: fraud
Jeremy Scott leads the regulatory and corporate defence department at Lupton Fawcett, which acts on the full range of mandates including fraud work, POCA proceedings and cash forfeiture matters. The Yorkshire-wide team defends corporate clients and individuals on all elements of investigations and prosecutions including policy issues, regulatory breaches and crisis management. The York-based Jonathan Cripwell focuses on regulatory prosecutions.
Yorkshire and the Humber > Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
Lupton Fawcett acts for a breadth of commercial clients as well as universities, landed estates, global ecclesiastical entities, property-holding businesses and investors. Jonathan Cripwell, who leads the team in York, has a niche specialism in civil fraud cases. Howard Rutter heads up the contentious probate practice and also has expertise in dealing with professional partnership matters.
- Commercial litigation: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire - Yorkshire and the Humber > Dispute resolution
- Crime: fraud - Yorkshire and the Humber > Crime, fraud and licensing
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Sheffield, South Yorkshire
- Human resources > Employment: Sheffield and South Yorkshire
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Insurance > Professional negligence: claimant
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Sheffield, South Yorkshire
- Real estate > Commercial property: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Leeds, West Yorkshire, North Yorkshire
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Public sector > Education
- Human resources > Employment: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
- Private client > Family: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Crime: fraud
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Insurance > Personal injury: claimant