Andrew Gilchrist > Lupton Fawcett > Leeds, England > Lawyer Profile
Lupton Fawcett Offices
- Go to...
Andy is a partner at Lupton Fawcett and heads the employment law department. He advises employers and employees (primarily senior executives) on a wide range of employment and HR related matters, including discrimination issues, TUPE, corporate restructures, executive terminations, large scale redundancies and appeals to the Employment Appeal Tribunal (EAT). Having worked in the financial services sector for 10 years prior to changing career to become a solicitor, Andy has the ability to instinctively look at problems from a client’s (as well as a lawyer’s) perspective. As a result, he has a very rounded, pragmatic and commercial business approach; which clients value. Many of Andy’s clients find his abilities as a robust litigator and a creative and sophisticated negotiator invaluable. He has built a reputation for advising on strategic and sensitive issues, and in particular for resolving problems. He has been the lead employment adviser to a number of household names in the construction, DIY, property and manufacturing sectors. These include Northgate PLC, Tarmac, Comet, MFI, Magnet and ArcelorMittal.
Yorkshire and the Humber > Human resources > Employment: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
The employment team at Lupton Fawcett, under the leadership of Andrew Gilchrist, has grown year on year to become one of the strongest practices in Yorkshire. Gilchrist advises on all employment and HR related matters for clients across a number of sectors, including transport, construction, retail, property and manufacturing. Louise Connacher is also recommended, particularly for her expertise in data protection, National Minimum Wage investigations and work for education clients. Angela Gorton has recent experience of defending clients against union-backed claims on holiday pay.
Yorkshire and the Humber > Human resources > Employment: Sheffield and South Yorkshire
Lupton Fawcett‘s practice is instructed by a variety of clients on commercial and contentious matters ranging from compliance advice to investigations and tribunal claims. It works closely with its Leeds and York-based offices and has an impressive client roster including household names. Leeds-based Andrew Gilchrist heads up the firm’s Yorkshire-wide employment team, which includes Joan Pettingill in Sheffield, who has particular experience assisting clients in the steel, motor and manufacturing sectors.
- Employment: Sheffield and South Yorkshire - Yorkshire and the Humber > Human resources
- Employment: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire - Yorkshire and the Humber > Human resources
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Sheffield, South Yorkshire
- Human resources > Employment: Sheffield and South Yorkshire
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Insurance > Professional negligence: claimant
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Sheffield, South Yorkshire
- Real estate > Commercial property: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Leeds, West Yorkshire, North Yorkshire
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Public sector > Education
- Human resources > Employment: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
- Private client > Family: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Crime: fraud
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Insurance > Personal injury: claimant