Hogan Lovells > Perth, Australia > Firm Profile
Hogan Lovells Offices
LEVEL 13, ST GEORGES SQUARE
225 ST GEORGES TERRACE
PERTH WA 6000
Hogan Lovells > The Legal 500 RankingsHogan Lovells leverages the strength of its globe-spanning network to advise domestic and international banks and financial institutions on a broad spectrum of matters, both domestic and cross-border. These include acquisition and leveraged finance, asset finance, fund finance and restructuring and insolvency. Bryan Paisley, often instructed on loan portfolio management transactions, co-heads the group jointly with Scott Harris, a lawyer vastly experienced on the restructuring front; the pair operate from Sydney alongside senior associate Lisa Mazor whose expertise encompasses syndicated and bilateral corporate finance transactions, among other matters.
Other key lawyers:
‘Proactive, people-driven team who don’t struggle with deal fatigue. The team takes a pragmatic approach to transactions and can deliver on short deadlines in a professional manner without dropping the ball. Essentially the next best thing to having an in-house legal team.’
‘Bryan Paisley is a standout partner. He is technically strong, diligent and responsive but also commercial, pragmatic, always across the detail while never losing sight of the bigger picture.’
Emeco Holdings Limited
Home Consortium Limited
HomeCo Daily Needs REIT
Revolution Asset Management Limited
HSBC Bank plc
Efficient Frontier Investing
- Acted as advisers to HDN in relation to the A$400m syndicated financing provided to support the establishment and listing of the real estate investment trust which was on the ASX by capital raised (A$301m) in 2020.
- Advised Revolution Asset Management (Revolution) on the establishment of a A$40m subscription finance facility for Revolution Private Debt Fund II with National Australia Bank.
- Advised Aware Super on its consortium bid in conjunction with Macquarie Infrastructure and Real Assets for ASX listed Vocus Group Limited.
‘Charles Bogle is very responsive and extremely easy to work with. He is a very safe and steady set of hands.’
Allied Gold Corp
Aware Super (previously First State Super)
- Advising Allied on its acquisition of Société d’Exploitation des Mines d’Or de Sadiola S.A.
- Advising Aware Super on the acquisition of ASX listed Vocus Group Limited with Macquarie Infrastructure and Real Assets pursuant to a scheme of arrangement.
Matthew Johnson; Paul Shillington
Other key lawyers:
Allied Gold Corp
Peninsula Energy Limited
Kansai Electric Power Company
- Advising Allied Gold on its acquisition of Société d’Exploitation des Mines d’Or de Sadiola S.A..
- Advised Allied Gold on the refinancing of the Bonikro and Hire Gold Mines and the financing of the Sadiola Gold Mine.
- Advising Allied on its acquisition of Endeavour Resources Inc.
‘Cross border firm and a very strong global brand. Strong in Asia which can create interesting opportunities and can see the benefit. Building out their specialisations in Australia.‘
‘Scott Harris is a leading lawyer in his space. He’s thorough with his advice and is a direct communicator, he’s also easy to deal with and build a connection with on the file and outside of direct file business.‘
Kansai Electric Power Co, Inc
Unsecured creditors’ committee of Speedcast International Limited
BDO Australia Ltd
- Represented the official committee of unsecured creditors of Speedcast International Limited in Speedcast’s US Chapter 11 bankruptcy case.
- Advising Kansai Electric Power Co, Inc on its majority ownership stake in the Bluewaters Power Station.
- Advising BDO Australia on the liquidation of MB Australia.
Hogan Lovells > Firm Profile
Change is happening faster than ever, and to stay ahead, you need to anticipate what’s next. Legal challenges come from all directions. We understand and work together with you to solve the toughest legal issues in major industries and commercial centers around the world. Whether you’re expanding into new markets, considering capital from new sources, or dealing with increasingly complex regulation or disputes, we can help. Whether change brings opportunity, risk, or disruption, be ready by working with Hogan Lovells.
Straight talking. Understanding and solving the problem before it becomes one. Delivering clear and practical advice that gets your job done. Hogan Lovells offers extensive experience and insights gained from working in some of the world’s most complex legal environments and markets for corporations, financial institutions, and governments. We help you identify and mitigate risk and make the most of opportunities. Our 2,800 lawyers on six continents provide practical legal solutions wherever your work takes you.
A fast-changing and inter-connected world requires fresh thinking combined with proven experience. That’s what we provide. Progress starts with ideas. And while imagination helps at every level, our legal solutions are aligned with your business strategy. Our experience in cross-border and emerging economies gives us the market perspective to be your global partner. We believe that when knowledge travels, opportunities arise.
Our team has a wide range of backgrounds. Diversity of backgrounds and experience delivers a broader perspective. Perspectives which ultimately make for more rounded thinking and better answers for you.
Giving back to communities and society is fundamental to good business. And, it’s part of our core. We are advocates of justice, equality, and opportunity. Everyone at Hogan Lovells is asked to volunteer at least 25 hours a year as part of their normal work duties. Around the world, our people are making a difference through pro bono activities, community investment, and social justice.