Hogan Lovells (South Africa) > Johannesburg, South Africa > Firm Profile
Hogan Lovells (South Africa) Offices
140 West Street
Hogan Lovells (South Africa) > The Legal 500 RankingsLaurie Hammond leads Hogan Lovells (South Africa)’s banking and finance practice. The team leverages experience in advising lenders and borrowers from a variety of sectors, including financial services, fintech, agriculture, mining, and telecommunications; its work covers a wide range of financing transactions and issues, such as restructurings, compliance, leveraged and acquisition finance, ESG, project finance, asset finance, and syndicated lending,
‘They are easy to collaborate with, very accessible, up to speed, and knowledgeable.’
‘Laurie Hammond and her team are really great to work with, always on the top of their files, and have a collaborative attitude.’
‘I have worked quite a bit with Laurie Hammond and her team and found them to have a firm command of the transactions on which we have worked together. Our transactions have always progressed smoothly and according to schedule. It is always a pleasure to work with her.’
‘Laurie Hammond is exceptional. She is extremely pleasant to work with and very responsive.’
‘Laurie Hammond is very knowledgeable about the market and has a good commercial head as well.’
‘Laurie Hammond has the necessary skills and is efficient. She delivers on time and her quotes are fair.’
Barak Fund SPC Limited
South Africa > Mining Tier 4Hogan Lovells (South Africa)’s mining practice is co-led by Wessel Badenhorst and Chris Green ; their team advises clients on legal, regulatory, and political issues in the mining industry. Badenhorst advises in relation to a variety of commercial and operational mining matters, including transactions, restructurings, the disposal of distressed mining operations, health and safety, and dispute resolution. Green has experience advising mining companies on corporate transactions and regulatory matters.
Wessel Badenhorst; Chris Green
‘They are experienced, dedicated, and hard-working.’
‘The team ensure they find solutions which work specifically for their clients’.’
‘Wessel Badenhorst and the team always have a proper understanding of the matter and ensure it is handled at the correct level. Wessel has an incredible awareness of how to ensure the matter remains commercially viable and how to position the client strategically.’
Dilokong Chrome Mine (Pty) Ltd
Duferco Vanadium (Pty) Ltd
Dilokong Chrome Mine (Pty) Ltd
Hogan Lovells (South Africa) > Firm Profile
Our Johannesburg office is fully aligned and integrated with our global practice. With a focus on corporate, finance and natural resources, this office specialises in providing end-to-end legal support on transactions to ensure that our clients get the deal done.
Working closely with our global teams across hub offices in London, Paris, Dubai, Beijing, Washington, New York and Tokyo, we advise large domestic, regional, and multinational clients on cross-border matters as well as doing business in South Africa and the wider African continent.
We have a strong and diverse client base, ranging from domestic and unlisted corporates and subsidiaries of international corporates across various sectors such as FMCG, natural resources, energy and infrastructure, heavy industry, pharmaceuticals, automotive, aviation and financial services.
Our office in Johannesburg provides us with an excellent platform to advise clients that have operations and work in both South Africa and sub-Saharan Africa more generally.
Why choose Hogan Lovells
- Deep understanding of your issues
- Straight talking and practical problem solving
- Strong relationships and a collaborative approach
Our five values are a fundamental part of who we are: they reflect the principle by which we conduct ourselves, shaping what we do and how we do it. They are also real and reflect the ethos of our legacy firms.
- Clients come first: Our aim is to satisfy our clients through a deep understanding of their needs, their businesses, and their industries, and by providing excellent, responsive, and innovative service.
- Excellence in all we do: We combine technical excellence in our work with a business-oriented approach, the highest level of integrity, and a focus on solutions.
- One team worldwide: We act as an integrated team across our entire firm worldwide, working together in an atmosphere of mutual respect, collegiality, and friendliness.
- Commitment to our firm’s success: We put intense effort into our work and actively look for ways to deliver the best results for our clients and so for our firm.
- Good citizenship: We embrace our responsibility to give back to our communities through pro bono and community service work and we are committed to a diverse workforce that is inclusive and welcoming.
|Mergers and acquisitions|
|Business restructuring and insolvency|
|Energy and natural resources|
|Life Sciences and Healthcare|
|Transportation and logistics|