Bert Oosting > Hogan Lovells International LLP > Amsterdam, Netherlands > Lawyer Profile
Hogan Lovells International LLP Offices
ATRIUM - NORTH TOWER
1077 ZX AMSTERDAM PO BOX 545
- Go to...
A well-known figure in the life sciences industry and a well-known and respected patent litigator, Bert Oosting is widely recognized as one of the leading, go-to practitioners for international patent and complex technology disputes. Bert’s practice encompasses all areas of intellectual property and life sciences. He regularly lectures on these areas of law and is a prolific writer and speaker on this topic.
English, German, French, Italian, Dutch
International Association of Defense Counsel; International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property; Licensing Executives Society
University of Utrecht, 1989
University of Utrecht, 1986
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
Hogan Lovells International LLP’s global life sciences and healthcare team handles both EU-wide regulatory work and Netherlands-focused matters, and is well placed to handles cross-border cases by virtue of its international network. On the regulatory side, the practice has notable experience in regulatory exclusivity rights, pharmaceutical advertising, compliance, government investigations and also clinical trials, where it has recently seen an uptick in instructions. The team is headed by Hein Van den Bos , who is a name to note for regulatory work, and Bert Oosting , an experienced patent litigator.
Hogan Lovells International LLP has very strong capabilities in cross-border IP litigation; Ruud Van Der Velden, who leads the team handles multi-jurisdictional patent and trade secret litigation and litigates before all courts in the Netherlands and the EPO. Velden focuses on high-tech and life sciences matters. Bert Oosting is a seasoned IP litigator known for his leading practice in the areas of international patent and technology disputes while Klaas Bisschop is a key advisor, who handles complex patent disputes in addition to trade secrets and product liability. Counsel Rik Zagers who also has a physics background, is a key team member as is senior associate Dirk-Jan Ridderinkhof whose expertise is in patent and trade secrets disputes in industries including life sciences, energy and telecoms. The firm reports promising percentages of female and minority group employees.
- Industry focus: healthcare and life sciences - Netherlands
- Leading individuals - Netherlands > Industry focus: healthcare and life sciences
- Leading individuals - Netherlands > Intellectual property: Patents
- Intellectual property: Patents - Netherlands
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Banking and finance: asset finance and structured finance
- Banking and finance: Borrower side
- Banking and finance: lender or arranger side
- Data privacy and data protection
- Intellectual property: Patents
- Capital markets: debt
- Commercial, corporate and M&a
- Industry focus: Information technology
- Dispute resolution: Commercial litigation
- Intellectual property: trade marks, copyrights and design rights
- Capital markets: equity