Duncan Mackinnon > Lindsays > Dundee, Scotland > Lawyer Profile
SEABRAES, 18 GREENMARKET
- Go to...
A partner in the family law department, based in Dundee. Duncan has been qualified and practising solicitor dealing almost exclusively with family and child law for over 20 years. Duncan is the only Dundee solicitor accredited by the Law Society of Scotland as a Specialist in Child Law, with his first accreditation in 2003.
Duncan works principally for individuals often children, but on occasion he acts for the Court and regularly acts independently to help courts and children’s panel to determine what is best for children. He also acts as Bar Reporter or Curator ad Litem and safeguarder all over the east coast of Scotland.
Duncan is Vice Chairman Relationship Scotland Tayside and Fife.
Duncan is also external examiner in family law appointed to the University of Dundee.
Led by Alison McKee, Lindsays’ team handles a broad range of family issues, with expertise in litigation and alternative dispute resolution. Although the department has seen an increase in instructions concerning pre- and post-nuptial agreements and cohabitation agreements, it also maintains a busy caseload relating to complex financial provision and child cases. Elsewhere, ‘formidable opponent’ Nina Taylor is frequently brought in for cases where there are allegations of domestic and child sexual abuse, Family Law Association chair Jennifer Gallagher excels in divorce settlements and separation agreements, while Duncan Mackinnon brings expert knowledge of safeguarding issues to bear in complex cases involving vulnerable children.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Private client > Family
- Insurance > Medical negligence: pursuer
- Insurance > Personal injury: pursuer
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and executries
- Real estate > Commercial property: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Real estate > Commercial property: elsewhere in Scotland
- Real estate > Property litigation
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Employment > Employment