Duncan Mackinnon > Lindsays > Dundee, Scotland > Lawyer Profile
SEABRAES, 18 GREENMARKET
- Go to...
A partner in the family law department, based in Dundee. Duncan has been qualified and practising solicitor dealing almost exclusively with family and child law for over 20 years. Duncan is the only Dundee solicitor accredited by the Law Society of Scotland as a Specialist in Child Law, with his first accreditation in 2003.
Duncan works principally for individuals often children, but on occasion he acts for the Court and regularly acts independently to help courts and children’s panel to determine what is best for children. He also acts as Bar Reporter or Curator ad Litem and safeguarder all over the east coast of Scotland.
Duncan is Vice Chairman Relationship Scotland Tayside and Fife.
Duncan is also external examiner in family law appointed to the University of Dundee.
Lindsays handle cases concerning complex financial provision, child residency, cohabitation agreements, pre- and post-nuptial agreements, and Hague convention child abduction matters, using alternative dispute resolution methods to resolve tricky cases. Alison McKee heads up the practice from Glasgow, and in addition to her primary practice in divorce and residency cases, has practical experience of surrogacy disputes. Nina Taylor has a record of work on cases involving allegations of domestic abuse, sexual abuse and child abuse. Jennifer Gallagher, who is chair of the Family Law Association, and Duncan Mackinnon focus on safeguarding issues and cases involving vulnerable children.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Private client > Family
- Insurance > Medical negligence: pursuer
- Insurance > Personal injury: pursuer
- Real estate > Commercial property: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and executries
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation
- Employment > Employment
- Real estate > Property litigation