Derek Nash > Lindsays > Edinburgh, Scotland > Lawyer Profile
19A CANNING STREET
- Go to...
Derek is a Partner in and Head of the Commercial Property Team which comprises over 30 legal experts. Derek advises on a wide range of property transactions including acquisitions, disposals, development, commercial leasing and investment deals. His client base includes commercial and residential developers, corporate occupiers, investors, property entrepreneurs and national charities and he is engaged in sectors as diverse as science and technology parks, retail, new homes, office developments and children’s nurseries. Derek is well respected within the Scottish property sector and brings a wealth of experience and knowledge to every transaction.
Trained Balfour & Manson; qualified 1989; assistant Orr MacQueen WS 1990; associate 1992; partner 1995; partner Skene Edwards WS 1999; partner Lindsays 2003.
Derek is a member of the WS Society and Bruntsfield Links Golfing Society.
Daniel Stewart’s and Melville College, Edinburgh; Edinburgh University (1986 LLB Hons; 1987 Dp Leg Prac).
Family, golf, tennis, football, reading, cinema, church, photography, classic cars.
Scotland > Real estate > Commercial property: Edinburgh and Glasgow
Lindsays‘ real estate team is singled out for its retail sector strength along with healthcare and charity sector expertise. The group regularly handles healthcare transactions, principally regarding the purchase and sale of dental, pharmacy and veterinary practices, opticians, nursing homes and children’s nurseries. The practice’s client roster also includes investors, developers and high-profile corporate occupiers. Practice head Derek Nash is particularly experienced in development and investment transactions, while Kenny Gray specialises in investment work.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Private client > Family
- Insurance > Medical negligence: pursuer
- Insurance > Personal injury: pursuer
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation
- Real estate > Commercial property: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and executries
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Human resources > Employment
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Real estate > Property litigation