Douglas Roberts > Lindsays > Edinburgh, Scotland > Lawyer Profile
19A CANNING STREET
- Go to...
Corporate and Technology
Partner in Lindsays Corporate & Technology department, based in Edinburgh. Douglas specialises in corporate, IP and commercial contract law and is experienced in advising a broad spectrum of clients, including SMEs, family businesses and start-up companies. Douglas is dual- qualified to act in Scotland and England and Wales.
He has expertise working with businesses in various sectors including technology, energy supply, finance, retail, engineering and property. Douglas has particular expertise in the sports sector having acted worked in-house at the Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games and since then for athletes and sports organisations in various contractual matters.
Steedman Ramage WS – trainee then assistant – 1998 to 2001; Semple Fraser LLP – assistant then associate – 2001 to 2010; Glasgow 2014 Limited – legal manager, commercial – 2010 to 2012; MBM Commercial LLP – associate – 2013 to 2015; Lindsays – partner – 2015 to present
Law Society of Scotland
Law Society (of England and Wales)
University of Aberdeen – LLB Hons and Dip LP
Scotland > Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Edinburgh and Glasgow(Next Generation Partners)
Lindsays‘ corporate team stands out for the depth of its experience and partner-led service and is able to advise clients across a range of sectors. David Wood and his group provide tailored advice to family businesses and SMEs, including transaction advice, corporate governance and assistance with shareholder arrangements and joint ventures and a broad range of contractual issues. The arrival of Ian Mitchell in the Glasgow office from Shepherd and Wedderburn significantly strengthened the firm’s offering in the investment space. Douglas Roberts is another key name.
- Next Generation Partners - Scotland > Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Corporate and commercial: Edinburgh and Glasgow - Scotland > Corporate and commercial
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Private client > Family
- Insurance > Medical negligence: pursuer
- Insurance > Personal injury: pursuer
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation
- Real estate > Commercial property: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and executries
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Human resources > Employment
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Real estate > Property litigation