Douglas Roberts > Lindsays > Edinburgh, Scotland > Lawyer Profile
19A CANNING STREET
- Go to...
Corporate and Technology
Partner in Lindsays Corporate & Technology department, based in Edinburgh. Douglas specialises in corporate, IP and commercial contract law and is experienced in advising a broad spectrum of clients, including SMEs, family businesses and start-up companies. Douglas is dual- qualified to act in Scotland and England and Wales.
He has expertise working with businesses in various sectors including technology, energy supply, finance, retail, engineering and property. Douglas has particular expertise in the sports sector having acted worked in-house at the Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games and since then for athletes and sports organisations in various contractual matters.
Steedman Ramage WS – trainee then assistant – 1998 to 2001; Semple Fraser LLP – assistant then associate – 2001 to 2010; Glasgow 2014 Limited – legal manager, commercial – 2010 to 2012; MBM Commercial LLP – associate – 2013 to 2015; Lindsays – partner – 2015 to present
Law Society of Scotland
Law Society (of England and Wales)
University of Aberdeen – LLB Hons and Dip LP
Lindsays has a track record of acting for rugby, cricket, golf and bowling clubs on incorporation and corporate governance mandates. Douglas Roberts, an expert in sporting-related contracts, leads the practice, which includes Brent Haywood, a sports disputes specialist. The team is also well-versed in sponsorship matters and also supports governing bodies, coaches and famous athletes on a range of issues. The team has also recently by instructed by a number of football supporters clubs.
The corporate team at Lindsays is well regarded for its advice on M&A, private equity investments and employee ownership issues, working for clients in the hospitality, retail, healthcare, engineering, education and fintech industries. Practice head David Wood has over 30 years’ experience in commercial, corporate and transactional work, and has strong knowledge of IP commercialisation, IT law and data protection. Douglas Roberts is also recommended.
- Next Generation Partners - Scotland > Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Corporate and commercial: Edinburgh and Glasgow - Scotland > Corporate and commercial
- Sport - Scotland > TMT (technology, media and telecoms)
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Private client > Family
- Insurance > Medical negligence: pursuer
- Insurance > Personal injury: pursuer
- Real estate > Commercial property: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and executries
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation
- Employment > Employment
- Real estate > Property litigation