Douglas Roberts > Lindsays > Edinburgh, Scotland > Lawyer Profile
19A CANNING STREET
- Go to...
Corporate and Technology
Partner in Lindsays Corporate & Technology department, based in Edinburgh. Douglas specialises in corporate, IP and commercial contract law and is experienced in advising a broad spectrum of clients, including SMEs, family businesses and start-up companies. Douglas is dual- qualified to act in Scotland and England and Wales.
He has expertise working with businesses in various sectors including technology, energy supply, finance, retail, engineering and property. Douglas has particular expertise in the sports sector having acted worked in-house at the Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games and since then for athletes and sports organisations in various contractual matters.
Steedman Ramage WS – trainee then assistant – 1998 to 2001; Semple Fraser LLP – assistant then associate – 2001 to 2010; Glasgow 2014 Limited – legal manager, commercial – 2010 to 2012; MBM Commercial LLP – associate – 2013 to 2015; Lindsays – partner – 2015 to present
Law Society of Scotland
Law Society (of England and Wales)
University of Aberdeen – LLB Hons and Dip LP
Lawyer Rankings(Next Generation Partners)
The team at Lindsays counts M&A deals, private equity investments and employee ownership endeavours among its core strengths. David Wood oversees the practice, which caters to domestic and international clients alike, and is active across the food and drink, renewables, childcare and technology sectors. The team is also home to Douglas Roberts an up-and-coming partner with a track record in M&A within the professional services, healthcare and sports sectors.
Lindsays is capable in the full gamut of sports law matters, ranging from high-profile disputes and disciplinary proceedings to investment transactions. Douglas Roberts is a seasoned commercial advisor, reputed for his ‘first-class advice‘ in various contractual engagements related to sponsorship, broadcasting, ticketing, and merchandising. Brent Haywood ‘s disputes focus encompasses defamation and reputational risk cases. All named lawyers are based in Edinburgh.
- Next Generation Partners - Scotland > Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Sport - Scotland > TMT (technology, media and telecoms)
- Corporate and commercial: Edinburgh and Glasgow - Scotland > Corporate and commercial
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Private client > Family
- Insurance > Medical negligence: pursuer
- Insurance > Personal injury: pursuer
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and executries
- Real estate > Commercial property: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Real estate > Commercial property: elsewhere in Scotland
- Real estate > Property litigation
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Employment > Employment