Alastair Keatinge > Lindsays > Edinburgh, Scotland > Lawyer Profile
19A CANNING STREET
- Go to...
Alastair is a Partner and leads Lindsays’ Charity team. He has been advising charity and not-for-profit clients for more than 20 years, focusing on the corporate aspects of charity law including corporate governance, constitutional issues and charity reorganisations. He is experienced in advising on charity mergers, trading and fund raising issues. Alastair is in demand throughout Scotland as a speaker on governance issues to charity trustees and at charity AGMs and conferences for clients such as Citizens Advice Scotland, ACOSVO, SCVO and EVOC.
Trained Dundas & Wilson, qualified 1982; Dundas & Wilson 1980-85; Dorman Jeffrey & Co 1985-87; Balfour & Manson 1987-2003; Lindsays since 2003. Trustee of The Marchig Trust, Help Animals International, EPIC Assist Charity, WS Dependents Annuity Fund and Committee Member of Scotland’s Third Sector Governance Forum.
Alastair is an accredited specialist in charity law by the Law Society of Scotland. Alastair is Convenor of the Law Society of Scotland’s Charity Specialist Accreditation Panel. He is a member of the Writers to the Signet Society, and a charity trustee of a number of organisations.
George Heriot’s School, Edinburgh; Edinburgh University (LLB Hons).
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Private client > Family
- Insurance > Medical negligence: pursuer
- Insurance > Personal injury: pursuer
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation
- Real estate > Commercial property: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and executries
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Human resources > Employment
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Real estate > Property litigation