Alastair Keatinge > Lindsays > Edinburgh, Scotland > Lawyer Profile
19A CANNING STREET
- Go to...
Alastair is a Partner and leads Lindsays’ Charity team. He has been advising charity and not-for-profit clients for more than 20 years, focusing on the corporate aspects of charity law including corporate governance, constitutional issues and charity reorganisations. He is experienced in advising on charity mergers, trading and fund raising issues. Alastair is in demand throughout Scotland as a speaker on governance issues to charity trustees and at charity AGMs and conferences for clients such as Citizens Advice Scotland, ACOSVO, SCVO and EVOC.
Trained Dundas & Wilson, qualified 1982; Dundas & Wilson 1980-85; Dorman Jeffrey & Co 1985-87; Balfour & Manson 1987-2003; Lindsays since 2003. Trustee of The Marchig Trust, Help Animals International, EPIC Assist Charity, WS Dependents Annuity Fund and Committee Member of Scotland’s Third Sector Governance Forum.
Alastair is an accredited specialist in charity law by the Law Society of Scotland. Alastair is Convenor of the Law Society of Scotland’s Charity Specialist Accreditation Panel. He is a member of the Writers to the Signet Society, and a charity trustee of a number of organisations.
George Heriot’s School, Edinburgh; Edinburgh University (LLB Hons).
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
The charities team at Lindsays advises on governance issues, amendments to charters and constitutions and assists with regulatory compliance. One core focus of the team is employment; the firm handles a range of sensitive employment disputes, concerning dismissals of both employees and management figures. Alastair Keatinge, who is regarded as ‘eminent in his field’, leads the team. Consultant David Dunsire counts the Bank of Scotland Foundation and St Columba’s Hospice among his clients. Ben Doherty and Kate Wyatt specialise in employment matters for clients in the sector, while Kenneth Gray handles property transactions. Lynsey Kerr, who is prominent in the firm’s tax, trusts and probate team, advises donors on charitable giving.
- Leading individuals - Scotland > Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Charities and not-for-profit - Scotland > Private client
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Private client > Family
- Insurance > Medical negligence: pursuer
- Insurance > Personal injury: pursuer
- Real estate > Commercial property: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and executries
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation
- Employment > Employment
- Real estate > Property litigation