Douglas Millar > Lindsays > Edinburgh, Scotland > Lawyer Profile
19A CANNING STREET
- Go to...
Dispute resolution and litigation.
Partner and head of the dispute resolution and litigation team, with over 35 years’ experience of commercial and civil litigation. Specialises in Delict (Tort), personal injury, commercial contracts, professional negligence, and partnership disputes, as well as having extensive experience of judicial review, and defamation.
Douglas and his team are regularly involved in a variety of cases in the Sheriff Court and Court of Session covering many other areas of civil litigation, including insolvency, intellectual property, and Trust related matters. Douglas has also worked on numerous Commercial actions in the Court of Session. In Judicial Reviews, he has acted both for and against public sector bodies in disputes associated with procurement, Local Authority decisions to adopt roads, and successful challenges of Local Authority decisions relative to Liquor Licensing legislation. He has also been involved in a number of disputes involving Commercial Agency.
Douglas also heads up the Firm’s volume Personal Injury practice.
Douglas trained at Biggart Baillie & Gifford (now DWF). He qualified in 1981, and from 1986 to 2000 was a Litigation partner in John G Gray and Co. He moved to Lindsays in 2000 and has been Head of the Dispute Resolution team since 2006, and was on the Firm’s Management Board for 3 years.
SSC; Law Society of Scotland.
Merchiston Castle School; Aberdeen University (1979 LLB).
Running, reading, music.
Scotland > Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
Lindsays‘ practice fields a multi-disciplinary team including dispute resolution, corporate, technology, commercial property and estate agency practitioners. The group has particular strength in advising creditors and insolvency practitioners and has substantial distressed property experience; it regularly acts on the disposal of commercial property assets and the disposal of residential property assets being sold out of insolvency requirements. Practice head Douglas Millar also leads the dispute resolution group and has substantial experience in the Court of Session.
Scotland > Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation
- Commercial litigation - Scotland > Dispute resolution
- Insolvency and corporate recovery - Scotland > Finance
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Private client > Family
- Insurance > Medical negligence: pursuer
- Insurance > Personal injury: pursuer
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation
- Real estate > Commercial property: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and executries
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Human resources > Employment
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Real estate > Property litigation