Alastair Goodman > Lindsays > Glasgow, Scotland > Lawyer Profile
100 QUEEN STREET
- Go to...
Alastair has over 20 years’ experience advising on a wide range of commercial property matters. He has built up particular expertise in relation to landlord and tenant issues where he acts for major landlords with multiple units within industrial or commercial estates, and retailers looking to change, develop or expand their unit portfolio.
Alastair has worked with a number of property developers, dealing with substantial projects including residential sites and student accommodation developments. He also assists property investors with single and portfolio purchases.
Alastair’s client base includes a number of nursing home operators where he acts in relation to all their commercial property needs. He has been involved in various renewable energy projects, acting for both landowners and developers.
Credential highlights include: Acting for private equity funds in the acquisition of large developments across Scotland ranging in value from £5m to £25m, Acting for a developer of student accommodation with a development value in the region of £12m, Selling a number of shopping centres throughout Scotland with values in the region of £110m, Being involved in the refinancing of a 78 unit development with a UK-wide value of £23m and acting for a landowner in relation to one of the biggest wind farm developments in Scotland.
Assistant at McClure Naismith and Partner in both Boyds Solicitors and Levy & McRae for a significant number of years.
Jordanhill School, Glasgow. University of Dundee.
Skiing, squash and watching football.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Private client > Family
- Insurance > Medical negligence: pursuer
- Insurance > Personal injury: pursuer
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation
- Real estate > Commercial property: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and executries
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Human resources > Employment
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Real estate > Property litigation