Toni Lorenzo > Lewis Silkin > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Lewis Silkin Offices
255 Blackfriars Rd
- Go to...
Employment, reward and immigration.
Partner and Head of the Employment Litigation Team. Specialising in employment law, Toni is a highly skilled and experienced litigator with an international practice and advises companies and LLPs on the protection of business interests, including confidential information, restrictive covenants and fiduciary duties, contested dismissals and high value Employment Tribunal claims including discrimination and whistle blowing claims. Toni is a CEDR accredited mediator and has acted as a mediator in a number of disputes. He has worked with many international clients and is heavily involved in Ius Laboris, the Global Alliance of Human Resources Lawyers.
Trained Lewis Silkin; qualified 1995; partner 2001; CEDR-accredited mediator.
Employment Lawyers Association; European Employment Lawyers Association; Ius Laboris;
London Litigation Group; Spanish Chamber of Commerce.
Manchester University (1990 Spanish, Italian); College of Law, Guildford (1992 CPE; 1993 Finals).
Football, cricket, running.
Equally well versed in contentious and non-contentious work relating to senior executives, the ‘universally excellent‘ Lewis Silkin team is particularly active in advising individuals on complex contractual arrangements and reputation management issues. Another strength of the firm is acting in the full range of discrimination ligation and arbitration, including race and sex discrimination cases, with paternity discrimination claims presenting an area of increasing activity. Nicholas Hadaway spearheads the team, leading on whistleblowing and conduct investigation cases. Other key names include Richard Miskella, who assists with exit negotiations, and ‘clever and pragmatic’ Toni Lorenzo, who advises on team moves and restrictive covenants. Tarun Tawakley and managing associates Laetitia Cooke and Sarah McWhinney are likewise noted.
Lewis Silkin‘s employment group is recommended for its specialist sub-teams and is able to cover both high-level litigation, including before the Supreme Court, and complex non-contentious matters, such as the employment restructuring of Twitter following Elon Musk’s takeover. Joint managing partner of the firm Richard Miskella heads the team. He is supported by a strong group of expert lawyers, including highly experienced litigators Michael Anderson, Toni Lorenzo and Michael Burd. Colin Leckey, who specialises in disability discrimination claims, is also integral. Further names to note in an impressively deep bench include workplace investigations specialist Karen Baxter, East Asia regional expert James Davies, the discrimination claims and sexual misconduct allegations-focussed Shalina Crossley and managing associate Carla Feakins.
- Employers London > Employment
- Leading individuals London > Employment > Employers
- Senior executives London > Employment
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Employment > Employers
- Employment > Immigration
- Corporate and commercial > M&A: Smaller Deals, £10m-£100m
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media: Advertising & marketing
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media: Theatre, publishing and other media
- Employment > Senior executives
- Corporate and commercial > Commercial contracts
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: mid-market
- Real estate > Commercial property: corporate occupiers
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media: Film & TV
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media: Music
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media: Video games
- Corporate and commercial > Partnership
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Real estate > Commercial property: development
- Industry focus > Hospitality and leisure
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property: trade marks, copyright and design
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > PATMA: Patent attorneys
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > PATMA: Trade mark attorneys
- Real estate > Property litigation
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Reputation management
- Industry focus > Retail and consumer
- Real estate > Planning
- Risk advisory > Data protection, privacy and cybersecurity
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property: patents (contentious and non-contentious)
- Corporate and commercial > Venture capital
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Franchising
- Industry focus > Life sciences and healthcare